|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join a company dedicated to your career development and where you can simply be yourself at work!
So, Why Optus?
We see ourselves leading Australia in outstanding customer experience. In striving to achieve this, five core values guide us. These are: customer service, our challenger spirit, teamwork, integrity and personal excellence.
We've put a lot of investment behind innovation and would love to work with people who provide ideas that differentiate, disrupt and deliver amazing services for our customers.
About the role:
The primary purpose of this role is to provide exceptional operational support within an onsite team of Tier 1 Operational Technical Analysts in the delivery of managed services and technical support for Networks technologies, specifically for a major customer, according to Optus Business (OB) service delivery models and contracted service level agreements.
The role of the Technical Analyst - Networks is to take end to end operational ownership of the services contracted by a major client. The Technical Analyst is responsible for ensuring the efficient and timely transition of services into operational support, monitoring of events, timely contact of customers, incident management, level 1 technical triage, resolution within strict SLAs, all appropriate communication to key stakeholders, and root cause analysis. The analyst is also responsible for performing simple and complex MAC changes when scheduled.
This position reports to the onsite Team Leader – Networks and Security but will be available to assist other Teams within the OB TAC (Optus Business Technical Assistance Centre) when required to do so.
- Collecting and recording as much information as possible about the reported Incident(s)
- Notifying all parties identified in customer procedures of the Incident
- Fault tickets maintained within customer expectation and target SLA
- All alarms/events in our monitoring tools to be responded to within 30 mins
- Regular, Correct, Clear and concise updates in tickets to ensure correct information is provided to the customer and external parties during updates and avoids confusion.
- Take ownership of customer issues escalated to you and update the incident manager and customer as appropriate.
- Manage workflow to ensure Major Network or Sensitive Customer Faults are prioritised
- Increase customer loyalty and lower customer exit transitions
- Complex MACs and Transitions are completed as scoped and in the timeframe that was committed to the customer.
- Adhere to OB/EMC processes and procedures including Change process, Transition process, incident and problem management processes
- Share knowledge of customer network, tools, Optus Internal systems with your peers
- Ensure all new solutions to transitioned are checked for reliability and all documentations are available for ongoing support.
- Degree in IT, Engineering or Telco discipline or equivalent.
- An Information & Communications Technology (ICT) technical & Operational background with a demonstrated experience in Data/IP Networking.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing & Switching (CCNA) – Routing & Switching
- Aruba Certified Mobility Associate (ACMA)
- Riverbed Certified Solutions Associate. WAN Optimization (RCSA-W)
- Support/configuration of Cisco routers and switches, including Nexus
- Support/Configuration of Riverbed WAN Optimisers
- Experience with support of Cisco and Aruba Wireless solutions
- Support/configuration of Dynamic routing protocols – EIGRP, BGP & OSPF
- Extensive experience supporting WAN technologies such as Ethernet, Wireless (3G) and xDSL
- Thorough understanding of ITIL and extensive experience working in an ITIL environment.
- Customer and vendor management skills.
- Business and technical skills - a trusted advisor.
- Troubleshooting & analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly update detailed design documents for discussion with other Optus Business workgroups and / or customers.
- Ability to work autonomously through good organisation and be able to perform under pressure
- Flexibility in approach to problems
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Flexible with working hours
- Ability to work autonomously
- Well organised, able to reprioritise to make way for urgent requests
- Takes ownership of problems and actions and shows persistence in delivering project outcomes in the face of adversity.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) – Routing & Switching certification looked on favourably.
- Aruba Certified Mobility Professional (ACMP) looked on favourably.
- Support/configuration of F5 LTM and GTM
- Support/Configuration of Cisco, Juniper Checkpoint Firewalls