|Job Type:||Full Time|
Remuneration/Benefit: Attractive salary plus bonus on offer
- Opportunity to make a difference in a Top 50 ASX listed company
- Organisational culture that proudly supports inclusion and diversity
- Contribute to upholding a strong organisational culture for prioritising safety
Are you an altruistic individual with a passion for helping others? Would you like to assist Aurizon in upholding an unwavering commitment to safety? The Senior Advisor Safety Systems and Training may be the perfect role for you!
We are seeking an enthusiastic, fast-paced, and outcomes-focussed individual to provide specialist support for the management and continual improvement of the Safety Management System (SMS).
The Senior Advisor Safety Systems and Training is a valued member of the Safety Strategy and Systems team.
About the role:
- Support the management and continual improvement of a risk-based SMS
- Design and develop appropriate and fit for purpose documentation to enable compliance to legislative and regulatory requirements
- Assist in the change management process for implementing the SMS
- Review safety performance data and organisational learnings to identify trends and opportunities for continuous SMS improvement
- Collaborate with the Training team to drive a risk-based approach to developing training requirements and to develop safety training around the SMS
- Proven experience in (1) developing and implementing changes to SMS documentation, (2) designing, developing, and delivering safety training, and (3) implementing safety improvement initiatives are mandatory
- Experience in the rail industry is preferred
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment is preferred
- Able to understand and interpret legislation
- A collaborative self-starter who enjoys problem solving
- Meticulous, detail-orientated, and structured
- Confidence in relating, communicating, and negotiating with a wide variety of employees and stakeholders
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view our policies and benefits here
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
For more information on this position (reference 86311), please contact James Tooley on firstname.lastname@example.org.