|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Endeavour Group ambition is bold, we want to be the world's best drinks retailer. We know that expectations of retail have never been higher so our transactions must be instant, and our services must be intuitive and personal. We are embarking on our next generation of growth, and we want you to be an influential part of it.
Our family of leading brands is well respected and highly visible throughout Australia, New Zealand and the world; from Dan Murphy’s, our market leading destination drinks merchant, to our local convenience offering at BWS, and our Cellarmaster wines and Langtons businesses with each of them commanding a leadership position in their respective category.
With an industry-leading technology team, we’re resourceful and willing to experiment. Our agile teams are empowered to innovate and deliver an awesome experience for our customers - no matter whether they choose to shop in-store, or online.
Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure, Operations & Service Delivery, the Senior Manager, Network Operations and Site Services is a key leadership position and will be responsible for guiding an industry-leading team to achieve strategic goals, providing direction and motivating members, creating an atmosphere of trust, leveraging diverse views, coaching team members and encouraging improvement and innovation.
- Own the Network Strategy ensuring it aligns with industry trends and develop and execute the roadmap.
- Constantly challenge the status quo, be open to new technologies & new ideas.
- Understand, manage and work collaboratively with service partners to ensure maximum value is being realised.
- Ensure system designs are architected in a robust manner and can be easily supported in an operational context.
- Provision, support and operation of Endeavour’s IT network services covering more than 1800 sites, from design through to implementation and system maintenance.
- Safeguard business data and information against accidental or unauthorised access, modification, destruction or disclosure.
- Constantly drive opportunities to minimise manual effort, e.g. automation of testing & deployment, transformation to network services etc.
- Develop and manage a team of people with relevant network Infrastructure and Operations technical skills across a broad range of disciplines.
- Develop performance objectives for the team and individuals – track & communicate accordingly in line with the established performance guidelines.
- Maintain a strong partnership with the extended corporate IT teams to achieve better efficiencies and alignment across the group.
- Maintain and manage a strong partnership with Network infrastructure support vendors.
- Set and manage Network Operations Opex budget.
- Compile proposals and Capital Expenditure Requests (CERs) for initiatives.
- Ensure projects are implemented within the agreed constraints of schedule, user expectations and cost.
- Provision of staff performance (and development) plans which contain SMART objectives.
- Communicate with and manage the expectations of stakeholders at all levels of the business.
Skills & Qualifications
- Proven experience in maintaining and supporting enterprise based network infrastructure in a large scale, complex and distributed business environment.
- Ability to lead and inspire a large team in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- A detailed technical knowledge of relevant networking technologies and network tools used across the organisation (eg. Meraki SD-WAN, Cisco, Meraki API, wireless, DNS/DHCP, Umbrella, Python, SolarWinds, ServiceNow, AD, Windows Server)
- Strong understanding of Network switch/router and WiFi configuration (eg. Meraki/Cisco) as well as Cloud (eg. AWS, SaaS) connectivity patterns.
- Experienced in the creation and maintenance of standards for product design, implementation and management.
- Tertiary qualifications in IT or a related discipline will be highly regarded.
- Experience in managing external service providers to deliver agreed outcomes.
- Meraki / Cisco Network certifications – Highly Desirable.
- Security Certifications - Desirable.
- Microsoft Certifications – Desirable.
- Join one of the largest, industry-leading teams in Australia building the future of technology.
- Lead one of the largest network infrastructure projects in Australia.
- The opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia!
- Training and Education - We pride ourselves in helping you realise your potential and give you the opportunity to be innovative leveraging great partnerships we have with Google, Microsoft and others.
- An exciting career - As our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people!
- Innovative environment working with the latest and greatest tools and technology on the market.
Grow with Endeavour Drinks
Endeavour Drinks comprises a diverse range of drinks businesses including BWS, Dan Murphy’s, ALH and Pinnacle Drinks. We are focused on growing and transforming our businesses to meet the changing needs of customers and we’re driven by a culture that puts our customers and team first. Our ambition is to connect everyone with a drinks experience they'll love.
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You