|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Exceptional opportunity to lead a flexible and dynamic team
- Join a reputable company with a collaborative culture
- Permanent role with great company benefits
Who we are
At TransGrid, our work improves the lives of millions – from lighting up sports fields, schools and homes, to powering the wheels of commerce and everything else in between. Now it’s your turn to make it happen.
TransGrid offers fulfilling careers for driven people who can help ensure that our business and the essential services we provide to consumers, the community and key stakeholders are continually improving. With us you will thrive in a collaborative environment where new ideas and knowledge sharing are encouraged, and where you’ll be supported through opportunities to develop and achieve your full potential.
This is an exciting time in the energy industry with the transition to renewable energy. Recent government policy documents outline plans to facilitate increasing transmission interconnection between states and development of renewable energy zones.
This is an exceptional and rewarding opportunity for an experienced and professional Program Manager to manage the delivery of the Transmission Lines and Cables program of works at TransGrid. The role will be based at Eastern Creek with a possibility for it to alternatively be based at any one of TransGrid’s depots in NSW.
Reporting to the Senior Program Manager, you will work in close collaboration with the procurement, engineering design, project development and asset management teams.
Your well-developed organization and project management skills will see you lead and coordinate a significant quantity of work across the transmission network in NSW.
We are looking for a resilient and inspiring leader to guide, mentor, and coach a dynamic team of project managers, site managers, engineers, and graduates. If this sounds like you, then read on to know more!
As a Program Manager – Transmission Lines you will:
- Deliver projects within approved budget and schedule, with a high degree of quality and in accordance with all TransGrid policies and procedures
- Develop and facilitate a collaborative environment between all parties involved in the development projects
- Engage, support, motivate and develop capability in direct reports
- Ensure compliance with relevant financial requirements, developing, implementing and operating budgets for management activities
- Establish and manage contracts for the delivery of projects
- Identify and integrate community expectations in project planning and management
- Identify, manage and report on risks associated with projects and programs of work
- Ensure all work is carried out in compliance with relevant legislation, TransGrid policies and procedures and local Safety and Environmental Plans
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level or substantial equivalent experience
- Qualifications in project management (advanced diploma desirable)
- Qualifications to Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety (diploma desirable) or willingness to achieve
- Extensive experience in the development and delivery of large scale infrastructure projects (preferably within transmission or DNSP)
- Extensive experience in the development and delivery of large programs of work
- Solid experience in directing project teams across a range of projects
- Proven experience in leading multiple teams simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience in contract management
- Highly skilled in in negotiating project scope, cost, schedule and risk with contractors
In return for your hard work, we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Join us and make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
Applications close on Monday, 8 March 2021
Please note, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.
To view our Privacy Statement and how we handle personal and sensitive information click here
TransGrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.