|Job Type:||Full Time|
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions.
We are responsible for strategy, planning, policy, regulation, funding allocation and other non-service delivery functions for all modes of transport in NSW including road, rail, ferry, light rail, point to point, regional air, cycling and walking.
We focus on improving the customer experience and contract public and private operators to deliver customer-focused transport services on our behalf.
We also lead the procurement of transport infrastructure and oversee delivery through project delivery offices and industry delivery partners.
- Be part of a once-in-a-generation $72.2b infrastructure investment
- Use innovative technology to improve outcomes for our customers
- Transport Senior Manager role offering an attractive salary
Over the next 40 years, Sydney’s population is projected to swell to over 12 million residents and regional NSW will accommodate an extra 700,000 people. Transport for NSW is delivering an unprecedented $72.2b investment into a truly game changing Future Transport strategy which will bring together several modes and cutting edge technologies to deliver satisfaction and safety for our customers while supporting a rapidly growing economy.
The Customer Strategy and Technology team within Transport leads the development of long-term, multi-modal strategies, plans and policies across NSW. We leverage data and insights, implement new technologies, drive innovation and build partnerships to provide customer-centred solutions.
The Senior Manager Future Mobility Testing and Assurance leads the testing and assurance of future mobility technology at Transport for NSW. This includes developing both staff and facilities to be able to deliver world class testing and assurance, building the customer base for testing and assurance services and ensuring that outcomes are delivered for key stakeholders.
Transport for NSW testing facilities have a reputation for being industry leading and an important element of this role will be to maintain this reputation and ensure that the business provides a high level of customer service to clients.
This is an exciting opportunity to take on a newly created role and be part of a new era of technology delivery, changing the way we work for the future.
What you will be involved in
- Establishing a culture that facilitates collaborative, commercial industry, university and government partnerships to undertake research and innovation and to position NSW as a world leader in accelerating deployment of future mobility technologies like connected and automated vehicles
- Developing a team that is focused on delivering testing and assurance services for future mobility technology and continually evolving their knowledge and capability in line with the ongoing development of technology
- Growing TfNSW business in Future Mobility Technology testing and assurance through the development of strong relationships and partnerships, strong customer service and continual improvement of testing facilities capabilities
- Facilitating the testing and piloting of connected and automated vehicle technologies to assess their effectiveness in meeting objectives for productivity, sustainability, mobility and safety in Australian conditions, while ensuring that their deployment is safe
You’re an influential leader in a physical, technical field (for example, automotive, aviation, rail, intelligent transport systems or safety) and have prior experience of developing strong relationships and partnerships with stakeholders and customers to create new and exciting business opportunities in this field.
You have a ‘start up’ mindset and understand what it takes to build and develop something new, perhaps you’ve managed your own business in the past, created a new business area from scratch or led a team responsible for development of new technology.
A strong people manager, you’ll drive collaboration to achieve greater good for the community, celebrating our diverse workforce and creating an environment where people can thrive and do the best job they can.
You’re an effective networker and communicator with a keen interest in emerging technologies, and you’re excited to deliver world class testing and assurance of Future Mobility technologies, building the customer base for testing and assurance services and ensuring that outcomes are delivered for key stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will be have relevant tertiary qualifications or demonstrated equivalent professional experience.
Want to know more?
Salary and Benefits
Transport Grade TSSM.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. At Transport for NSW, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We actively promote gender diversity in our workplaces, the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and the employment of people with a disability. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call/text or email the contact person for this role.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and address the questions in the online application form.
Close date: 11:59pm, Sunday, 7 March 2021.