|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission
The main goal of the Microsoft Technical Specialist is to win the technical decision of customers to purchase and use our technology. You will work in a team, enabling the customers through digital transformation by leveraging the Intelligent Cloud and Intelligent Edge. Technical Specialists are expected to be able to both own and win the customers technical decisions, as well as find new opportunities through their contacts and work they are on for sales people to further pursue.
The Technical Specialist explains, demonstrates & proves the capabilities of Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement solutions by articulating relevant and compelling business case examples built on technical and functional value messaging.
As a Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement Technical Specialist (TS):
- You will help customers make technical decisions to build tomorrow’s business and IT solutions based on Microsoft technology.
- You will lead technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions, proof of concepts, and pilots to explain, demonstrate, and prove to our largest customers the capabilities of Microsoft's products and services, and how we can make their businesses more successful.
- You will lead to clear technical, competitive and security blockers to accelerate Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement sales and customer usage.
- You will be an evangelist for the Microsoft Power Platform, including PowerApps, Flow and Power BI.
- You will familiarize yourself with the integration between Dynamics 365 and other workloads such as the Azure and Modern Workplace portfolios and be prepared to include their value proposition in opportunities.
You will be a vital connection and orchestration point for a variety of technical resources, by:
- Responding effectively to technical sections in RFIs/RFPs.
- Orchestrating complex solutions with internal and external partners for multiple Microsoft products and services.
- Helping identify and diagnose technical, architectural, and competitive blockers and respective solutions for sales opportunities and usage decision blockers, and helping ensure that these solutions are implemented.
- Sharing practical knowledge on the Microsoft Power Platform with partners to drive the sale, deployment, and adoption of Microsoft solutions.
- Shaping current and future products, marketing strategies, and customer centricity ideas through your feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering.
- Infrastructure technologist. Deep experience with, and ability to explain key benefits, trade-offs, and architectures in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) space required
- Industry Experience. Knowledge and experience with the Public Sector is a requirement, Knowledge and experience around the Federal Defence and Intelligence space would be preferred
- Cloud Trust. Demonstrated knowledge of identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance, and how they factor into cloud and hybrid solutions preferred.
- Technical breadth. Customer experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management preferred
- Technical depth. Technical experience with the functional and technical aspects of enterprise applications required
- Collaborative. Able to work cohesively with customers, members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft (or similar) partners required.
- Excellent Communicator. Communication and collaboration, organizational, presentation, deep technical product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills, with a passion for storytelling required.
- Executive Presence. Validated experience engaging with senior level executives preferred.
- Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset. Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused required.
- Deep functional knowledge in one or more of the following disciplines: sales, marketing, customer service, field services, connected services, and project services automation
- Knowledge of competitive technologies such as Salesforce, ServiceNow, Pega, Appian, Blue Prism, UI Path etc will be a distinct advantage
- Cloud apps and services – working technical knowledge of Dynamics 365 Workloads will be a plus
- Strong experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
NOTE: Only Citizens need apply