Requisition ID: 39266
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
- Collaborative, inclusive work environment
- Opportunity to work on a major execution projects for a reputable, well-known client
- Flexible working arrangements available
The Mechanical & Piping Group is a Hatch global practice providing Mechanical/Piping engineering design expertise to Hatch's commodity-based business practices. Our capability spans through the whole project lifecycle comprising; scoping, conceptual design, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, basic and detailed engineering, construction and project management.
Our Brisbane office is currently seeking a Senior Piping Designer to join the team working on a high profile mineral processing project. As a Senior Piping Designer, you will be responsible for the development of functional plant arrangements and provide input to engineering management, engineering leads and senior designers. You will be required to take charge of all activities related to the physical arrangement project assets (equipment, maintenance, buildings, space, commodities, roads, rail, utilities etc.) within the boundary of the projects. You will also be involved in the coordination of all changes affecting the layout with each functional group.
The ideal candidate is a technical expert who also relate well to and motivates others. We want people to apply who can support and bring out the best in their team – ensuring the focus remains on quality, cost and schedule in the planning and execution of the Project work.
Some of the key responsibilities will include (but are not exhaustive):
- Assisting in interpreting the plant PFDs, P&IDs and plant battery limits and constraints
- Providing input to the deliverables list for the work to be performed by the design team (plot plan, general arrangements, models, studies, etc.)
- Responsible for development of the facility layouts within the plant to the point where each functional group can effectively begin their design
- Performing piping design activities through all phases of the project, from study through to detailed design and deliverable production
- Reviewing, coordinating and obtaining approval for all layout changes
- Ensuring continuous coordination between the functional groups as design develops that affects the layout of the assigned plant
- Checking of piping discipline documentation including piping isometric and general arrangement drawings
Qualifications and Experience:
- Extensive layout experience on major multi-discipline projects, for the project type
- Good understanding of maintainability, constructability, safety and operating issues related to the equipment
- Good understanding of interdisciplinary dependencies in a project environment
- Strong ability to analyze consequences of layout changes and prioritize best solutions as design progresses
- Experience working with Bentley OpenPlant is desirable
- Strong leadership and coordination skills
- Well-developed communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
An employee owned organisation, by joining Hatch you will have the opportunity to be recognised and rewarded for your efforts. You will be provided with many benefits including: competitive remuneration and above statutory superannuation payments; optional salary sacrifice for additional annual leave, and participation in various employee reward and recognition and health and wellbeing programs.
To be considered for these roles you must have current work rights in Australia (i.e. a permanent resident or citizen of Australia or eligible work visa).
If you’d like to apply click the “Apply” button now.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position.
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace, we offer our employees comprehensive benefits, including up to 12 weeks leave per year as part of our Lifestyle Leave Program. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.