|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who we are
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
About the role
We have an opportunity on one of our ICT Support Engagements to support the Governance and Compliance function that is accountable for complex procedural, operational, administrative and business support for the group, including providing up to date knowledge and compliance with legislative frameworks, government decision-making and Defence’s mission and policy requirements as they apply to the Operation. This role is focussed on managing the Governance, Assurance, Risk and Compliance (GARC) as well as supporting the broader team.
Key functions of the support role include:
- Provide advice and support on best practice Governance, Assurance and Compliance and Risk Management
- Facilitation and coordination of inter-directorate improvement initiatives, to ensure compliance
- Assist with the implementation of assurance activity recommendations
- Documenting and managing the DCS Governance and Assurance Framework
- Support the business owner in facilitating governance forums
- Support the management of the Assurance Program
- Accountability for the management of Risk Registers, Risk Reporting, Risk Escalations and Risk Committee management
You’ll have the following skills and experience:
- Relevant training and qualifications in Risk Management
- Ability to develop and lead Governance, Assurance and Compliance processes
- Able to articulate and communicate the risk framework, escalations, policies, and processes to others
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage others and build relationships
- Strong problem solving and ability to think critically.
Due to the nature of the role and customer, we require candidates to be Australian Citizens and hold a current Baseline (or higher) security clearance.
What we offer:
- A values driven business with a focus on our people, our relationships, integrity and excellence in delivery
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
- Access to Downer career development, financial, health and Lifestyle benefits
- Referral bonuses
- Work and lifestyle balance
For further information please contact Korinda Laine at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please click “Apply For This Job”
(Please note: Downer Group does not accept applications via email).