|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Mining is currently seeking an Environmental Specialist Technician to join the team at our Meandu site which is a residential mine located 25 kilometres south-east of Kingaroy. This is a residential position; therefore, no camp or accommodation is provided.
The Environmental Specialist Technician will be responsible for the safe servicing and monitoring of all environmental activities and reporting on site, whilst liaising with environmental laboratories.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Install, service, operate and maintain automatic environmental monitoring stations and equipment including surface water and groundwater equipment, weather stations and air and noise quality stations;
- Collect environmental data from automatic monitoring stations and verify data on a daily basis;
- Ability to operate in process control systems (i.e. PI);
- Accurate record keeping including field observations, photographs, maps and calibration checks;
- Assist with and undertake manual sampling activities from both surface water and groundwater, using a range of techniques with adherence to QA principles and procedures;
- Scope and deliver projects to improve the performance and efficiencies of the current monitoring network;
- Understand data flow and manage capture and storage of data with third party providers;
- Work with and manage contractors associated with environmental hardware and software;
- Ability to work with a certain degree of autonomy in a dynamic work environment; and
- Manage data in a GIS setting.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science, Engineering or equivalent;
- Previous experience (5 years +) in a servicing and sampling technical role;
- A mixture of technical, mechanical and electronics aptitude;
- Technical aptitude in the areas of surface and groundwater monitoring, air, noise and blast monitoring, data management and reporting;
- Sound knowledge of Queensland environmental legislation, standards and management systems.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills are essential;
- Good problem-solving skills in a dynamic mining environment;
- Organisational and time management skills;
- Aptitude for extensive outdoor work;
- Able to work within a variety of environmental conditions;
- Strong team player with good oral and written communication skills and client focussed; and
- Current valid manual car license.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
- A diverse and supportive work environment
- Numerous employee benefits and lifestyle options
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people
Please note, resumes will not be accepted via email however, if you have any questions regarding this role please contact Brittney Moroko email@example.com
Please note: You must have the right to live and work permanently in Australia