|Job Type:||Contract/Temp, Full Time|
Australia’s Academic and Research Network (AARNet) was established in 1989 and is widely regarded as the founder of the Internet in Australia and renowned as the architect, builder and operator of world-class network infrastructure for research and education.
We are Australia’s National Research and Education Network (NREN). We connect over one million users—researchers, faculty, staff and students—at institutions across Australia, supporting education and research across a diverse range disciplines including high energy physics, climate science, genomics, radio astronomy and the arts.
Nationally, AARNet interconnects Australian universities, the CSIRO, and other organisations who have a research and education mission, or with whom the education and research sector interacts. These include hospitals, vocational training providers, schools and museums. Internationally, AARNet interconnects the Australian Research and Education (R & E) community to the world – and continuously develops new capabilities and partnerships to facilitate seamless data access and transfer.
AARNet also offers a suite of supporting applications to our customers. These include network and collaboration services such as CloudStor and Zoom, that enable innovation in the delivery of research and education.
We are an organisation of innovators, doers, and courageous thinkers. We are not constrained by traditional products and solutions and we constantly strive to build the solutions that our customers will need tomorrow – today. If you have the imagination, foresight and drive to build the future why not come and join us?
Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications, the Marketing and Communications Specialist is responsible for a variety of tasks across the Marketing and Communications function to help increase brand awareness, promote products and services, build relationships with prospective and existing customers, and improve internal communications. This is a hands-on role. Tasks include developing and implementing marketing and communications plans and producing marketing materials and content for websites, blogs, social media campaigns and newsletters.
- Coordinate and develop communications and marketing material in line with brand guidelines and business goals.
- Research and produce a consistent high standard of accurate, informative and engaging content to promote AARNet’s products and services and maximise brand awareness, including blog posts, case studies, media releases, product sheets and other marketing collateral.
- Coordinate and develop online content for AARNet websites and social media.
- Coordinate and develop newsletters, EDM campaigns, surveys, and other communications materials.
- Develop and understanding and prepare reports on the competitive landscape for AARNet products and services.
- Develop key messages, positioning statements, presentations and other internal materials to aid customer engagement teams and sales.
- Maintain and develop templates and contact lists for communications in Mailchimp and other distribution platforms.
- Develop marketing and communications plans for new product releases and coordinate cross team implementation.
- Assist with managing customers and campaigns through AARNet’s Salesforce CRM system.
- Assist with event management and communications for internal and external events as required.
- Monitor and report on the success of marketing and communications campaigns as required.
- Effectively and efficiently communicate with all internal and external stakeholders to best represent AARNet and the Marketing and Communications team.
- Other duties as required.
Expertise, experience & qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing and communications, journalism or public relations
- 5+ years’ experience in a Marketing and/or Communications role
- Proven experience producing engaging, accurate and informative content for a range of channels, including websites, blogs, social media, newsletters and marketing collateral such as product sheets and presentations
- Hands-on experience working with website content management systems and eNewsletter and social media platforms.
- Basic proficiency in graphic design and video editing.
- Proven experience using web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, and a good knowledge of SEO.
- Highly organised with the ability to multi task and manage multiple projects to meet tight deadlines within budget
- Ability to be flexible, adaptive, and proactive to the changing needs of the organisation
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships across all levels of the business and with external partners
Conditions of employment
AARNet is committed to diversity and providing equal opportunity to all. We’re a great place to work if you want to make a difference. Remuneration will be based on skills and experience and will include an above market superannuation package.