|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer’s Infrastructure Projects are seeking to appoint an industry recognized engineering leader as the Head of Signalling for our South Australian business to ensure the delivery of safe, sustainable, world class engineering outcomes across the rail signalling business.
With Downer’s unique breadth of services in Infrastructure projects, combined with the scale of our organisation, you will be part of an elite group where our customers are at the heart of everything we do.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and working directly with the Signalling practice leads, the Head of Signalling will be an instrumental part of this crucial “through life support” rail project in Adelaide. You will be providing technical leadership to staff within the Signalling discipline and technical assurance across the portfolio of signalling and rail systems activities.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Overseeing the activities of a signalling technical group, you will be responsible for ensuring technical and delivery excellence across all areas of the Rail systems and signalling portfolio of works including development, design, construction, installation, test and in-service support. You will ensure engineering consistency and implementation of best practice engineering techniques across our practice to maintain the engineering safety management culture and drive competitive/commercial advantage.
- You shall be recognised an industry expert in the field of Railway Signalling Engineering.
- You will exhibit strong leadership qualities with an engineering pedigree supporting the successful delivery or technology deployment of railway signalling/control systems projects from concept and throughout service operation.
- Strong communicators and collaborators, proven team & technical leadership and line management experience
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in engineering or technology related field.
- Experience of railway signalling and control systems product development.
- Familiarity with signalling system and safety engineering methods and best practice.
- Strong relationships with key industry client and stakeholder organizations.
- Committed to organizational learning, change and continuous improvement
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
- An opportunity to make an impact with a growing and forward thinking company
- Good competitive salary with other employee benefits
- The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional development
For more information about this position please contact Susie.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not send applications directly to this email address as they will not be accepted.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPROACHES.