Cardno is currently seeking a Field Technician to join an established Landscape Architecture team to provide support in accomplishing inspections of landscape works completed by contractors to ensure quality of mitigation planting is achieved.
This role is based from our Petone office and with our new "Work your way" policy we offer the flexibility to balance your career and family life. As well as having a variety of external clients, the group works closely with Urban Infrastructure and Environment teams among others to provide value-added service to clients on multi-disciplinary projects.
This position offers the opportunity to:
- Assist with planting inspections, including setting out sample areas, identifying plants, counting, and other related tasks as directed by the site leader.
- Comply with Cardno's Zero Harm policy and health & safety requirements of our clients' sites.
- Maintain organised calculations and records in in accordance with Cardno's Quality Management System procedures.
- Work with all disciplines within the Business Unit to broaden skills across disciplines.
To be successful you will display -
- National Certificate of Educational Achievement - L1 & L2
- Preferred candidate will have landscape or ecological experience
- Enthusiastic, a willingness to learn, good interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Efficient time management and organisation skills
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance-based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has
more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.