|Job Type:||Full Time|
DC Design Manager - 12 month Fixed Term Contract
In October 2020, Woolworths Group Supply Chain rebranded to become Primary Connect - an end-to-end supply chain partner within Woolworths Group. Our team of more than 8,000 continues to support our Woolworths, BWS, Dan Murphy’s, Countdown, and BIG W stores across the country, providing them with our customers’ favourite food, drink, and everyday needs items.
Becoming Primary Connect gives us the opportunity to keep growing so we can become the next generation supply chain whilst remaining an essential part of Woolworths Group. There has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
What’s in it for you?
- Contract role with a strong possibility of extension or permanency
- Norwest Bella Vista location or work from home!
- Be involved in various projects and designs for Australia's favourite retailer
- Opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia across our brands
Every decision we make is designed with our customers, teams and safety at the heart. Our Supply Chain processes are always changing to adjust to the ever evolving needs of our customers and the need for ultimate convenience, even more so in the current societal climate. There has never been a better time to join Woolworths as we grow and transform in our offering to customers.
The utilisation of technology and the speed in which we operate are truly transforming the Supply Chain landscape in Australia & New Zealand and in this role, you’ll be at the forefront of initiating this change. The thinking is fresh and the way we do things is new and industry leading. In this role, you will adopt an innovative design lens supporting projects in Australia and New Zealand across all of our brands.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Leading the development and delivery of distribution and fulfilment centre designs
- Undertaking data analysis, research and design to support development
- Lead the evaluation of alternative facility concept layouts including automation solutions
- Leading the development of DC operating cost statements and requirements
- Providing expertise in specification and procurement of MHE and Automation systems
- Stakeholder engagement in relation to design and safety through the full project lifecycle - concept to realisation
- Supporting optimisation of existing distribution and fulfilment centre activities
- Focusing on safety development in design and concept
- Collaboration and consultation with peers and subject matter experts
You’ll be joining a team that is supportive and generous with their time, customer focused and driven to succeed with achieving the best outcomes for our customers and for our business.
Who we’re looking for
The suitable candidate will have:
- Distribution design experience
- A driven personality with the desire to contribute to a world class team in an open and collaborative environment
- The ability to inspire and lead teams through the design journey instilling advocacy at all levels
- Executive relationship management, communication and influencing skills
- A self-learning style adaptive to work in an ever changing and faced paced environment
- Facility/supply chain design experience including automation
- Experience in Retail, FMCG and/or e-Commerce industries an advantage.
- Ideally a Bachelor degree in Engineering, Sciences, Business or other area
- A functional understanding of AutoCAD
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.