|Location:||Eight Mile Plains|
At RACQ we understand the importance of workforce and resource optimisation for our front-line teams in our call centres and membership teams. Our dedicated Resource Optimisation Team have a permanent role opening for a skilled Workforce/Resource Planning Analyst to join the team and utilise their expertise to produce and administer staff forecasts for the business, which includes review and validation of data using industry best practice methods. The position will produce short, medium, and long-term staffing forecasts & perform the role of conduit between the Senior Data Analytics Consultant responsible for developing the workload forecasts, business stakeholders, and the Resource Planning team.
You will actualise this through; producing forecasting models to ensure optimal resourcing requirements to achieve grade of service benchmarks. Production and maintenance of workload and staffing requirement forecasts for the business to support a best practice workforce planning framework. Pro-active identification of project inputs and other business impacts and management of their inclusion into the forecasts. Identification of continuous improvement opportunities for forecasting processes. Maintenance of the group-workforce management systems including data entry and forecasting parameters and scenario maintenance and provision of business insights and analytical data to support aspirational shrinkage targets.
- 3-5 years relevant experience in a call centre, retail, financial services or similar environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Previous experience in an analytical role or/and resource planning role.
- Ability to produce meaningful reports and proposals at strategic and operational level.
- Knowledge of call centre and workforce planning software. Desired experience in Aspect WFM.
- Understands and can accurately interpret EBAs.
- Experience in providing staffing forecasts for medium to large enterprises.
- Experience in data analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to drive continual improvement.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills which deliver results for the business.
- Proven ability to respond quickly and decisively to drivers within and external to the business.
- Ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills for negotiating priorities and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to solve routine problems and to apply initiative to unusual/unknown situations.
It is an exciting time to be part of RACQ as we continue our transformation towards better, smarter solutions that deliver more security and prosperity for Queenslanders. We are big enough to make a real difference in our community, yet small enough to nurture your professional and personal development.
We are committed to ensuring that every employee has access to flexibility in their role. We encourage all candidates to discuss what flexibility means to you and how we can help you find your balance.
There are plenty of other perks, too.
Onsite parking, employee gym & café. Free Roadside Assistance, significant discounts on Banking, Assistance, Insurance and Travel products for you and your family. Significant discounts on holidays, theme parks, movies, new cars, experiences and so much more
Ready to apply? You’ve got this.
Application Closing Date Monday 8th March 2021
Please Note. you may be required to complete video interviews, psychometric testing, a medical and/or criminal history check as part of the application process.
RACQ is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Questions? Please contact Michaela.Marks@racq.com.au or visit www.racq.com.au/about/careers/our-recruitment-process