|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about the Built Environment and shaping a sustainable future for our communities?
We are seeking an industry thought leader to lead major project sustainable buildings/precincts commissions in South Australia. You will support the Australian Sustainability lead, and the Built Environment team, in developing capability nationally.
To be successful, you will be committed to the highest standards of service, focused on collaborative client relationships and exceptional project outcomes, while growing our Sustainability team in South Australia.
Ideally, we are looking for a candidate who is:
* Passionate about a sustainable built environment, and delivering innovative and progressive design strategies, including biophilic, net zero carbon and regenerative design
* Driven to work with project teams to create solutions that deliver ambitious sustainable design and certification outcomes
* Able to communicate, present, and generate enthusiasm and buy-in for ideas and solutions
* Demonstrate a leadership presence in the industry, and able to support business development and discipline growth
* Experience of building physics technical tools and software, including but not limited to: parametric modelling; energy/carbon (embodied and operational), thermal comfort, and daylight and visual comfort modelling; renewable energy feasibility; condensation analysis; district systems analysis; triple bottom line cost benefit analysis and life cycle/techno-economic analysis; climate analysis; microclimate studies (reflectivity, wind effects and urban heat); and water balance analysis
* Good understanding of disciplines/roles within the built environment sector
* Deep background in sustainability compliance/certification, energy/carbon, water, healthy buildings, resiliency and green building design
* Bachelor and/or master's degree in a technical built environment, sustainability or building design-related discipline; engineering qualification an advantage
* 8+ years of sustainability consulting experience, demonstrated areas of subject matter expertise and industry presence
* Ability to generate new work from new and existing clients
* Client focussed with an ability to establish strong client relationships
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Knowledge of a wide array of global, national, state and local sustainability-related rating systems, codes and programs
* Green Star Accredited Professional preferred
* Track record in NABERS performance evaluation and delivery
* Experience in managing NCC compliance analysis/processes
* Computational design expertise
In turn, you'll be working on significant projects that shape the communities in which we live. You will build connections with our international expertise and bring this knowledge to our clients and to their projects. We adopt a pioneering mindset to meet our challenges head on.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
There's no time like the present to make a change.