- Apply Now to confirm your spot for our next Assessment Centre in Mackay
- No prior FIFO or DIDO experiences. No problem!
- Cleaning, Catering & Line Chef opportunities
We will be in Mackay early next year to hold face to face interviews for qualified Chefs and Hospitality professionals who demonstrate a great attitude and an ability to work with in our Multi-Site Team!
How does the Assessment Centre work?
If shortlisted, you will be asked to attend a face to face interview in Mackay to meet and speak with a Senior Member of Sodexo’s Operations Team where you will learn about site life, Sodexo and have the opportunity for a one on one interview.
Individuals that are successful will progress to the Pre - employment stage which includes a pre-employment medical and Sodexo online induction.
To be shortlisted, you must submit your resume online with 2 x professional references and be willing to provide/obtain a national police check. This is an excellent opportunity to show us what you can bring to the table!
The role with Sodexo
Reporting to the Multi-Site Manager, you be rostered based on your availability from 4 up to 14 days to live and work across our various mine-sites in QLD. Some of our sites are fly in, fly out and others will require you to drive in and drive out, however all sites have meals and accommodation included while you are working.
- Qualified Chefs – are responsible for preparing and producing various meals across breakfast, crib, dinner and desserts whilst ensuring the highest standards of safe food handling are met within your kitchen.
- Service Attendants – are responsible for cleaning (domestic and commercial) across our villages, assist with prep and service in the kitchen or may work in retail/wet mess. Our service attendants work a variety of roles and support Sodexo to ensure we follow our strict COVID compliance across our sites.
We take safety seriously, so adhering to our policies and procedures to ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues is paramount.
- Must have the right to work in Australia
- Strong Customer Service and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to work a variety of rosters and shifts
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously
- Trade Certificate, Cert III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent (mandatory for chef)
- Strong HACCP knowledge (mandatory for chef)
What’s in it for you?
- A chance to have exposure and industry experience
- Casual roster with potential to go Full-Time
- Employee Benefits and Rewards
- Career Progression within the business
- Inclusive, Diverse and Supportive teams
To be considered for attendance at the Assessment Centre please apply with an updated resume, listing 2 x professional references and if shortlisted you will be contacted to register!
Sodexo is a contract services company and employment is conditional to Sodexo’s ability to maintain the client contract and its service levels. All employees are subject to a police check and a Working with Children check (where applicable).