|Job Type:||Full Time|
Principal Water Projects
- Help shape the strategic direction and vision for water management across RTIO
- Influence and drive a culture of continuous improvement in water management
- Great opportunity to network, collaborate and partner with a large stakeholder group
- Permanent opportunity which includes a huge range of additional benefits
- Perth based with ad-hoc travel to site
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are an open, connected international team of technical specialists using some of the most exciting data and tools on the planet. We are the world leader in automation and smart mining. We have technical development programmes that are industry-leading and recognise the unique nature of your role. These provide opportunities to grow your career through a dedicated technical path while being rewarded for your unique skills.
We are looking for a Principal Water Projects to join our Iron Ore business and lead delivery and business engagement on a series of water management initiatives identified as key to enabling execution of our water management strategy. This is a great opportunity to positively lead and influence whilst working with a diverse stakeholder group geographically spread across our iron ore business to deliver a plan which considers the entire life of our Tier 1 assets, from development, implementation, operation and closure.
Reporting to the Manager, Water Resource Evaluation, you will:
- Oversee the successful delivery of water initiatives in relation to dewatering, water disposal, industry collaboration and advanced analytics
- Work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders to drive continuous improvement through adherence to PDCA (plan-do-check-act)
- Monitor the quality of project outputs to ensure strategic objectives are met
- Ensure effective reporting of all projects to enable stakeholders, sponsors and senior leaders to make appropriate decisions
- Facilitate meetings/workshops, leverage multi-disciplinary input, and attend project meetings where required
- Establish effective working relationships with water management stakeholders ensuring effective portfolio communications
- Provide regular and routine input to the leadership at a department and divisional level
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and others, creating and maintaining a safe workplace
- Demonstrated complex problem-solving abilitiesto deliver solutions across the business
- Proven ability to build positive relationships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – ability to build networks with a wide range of people, ability to influence and build consensus.
- Flexibility to travel to our operational mine sites on a regular basis
- A current manual WA Driver’s license
It will be beneficial if you have:
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in a relevant science or engineering field
- Be highly attuned to the challenges associated with water management in mining and the Pilbara
- A demonstrated track record in program and project delivery
- A well-developed and mature project management approach, negotiation skills and commercial management expertise
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers –generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress. Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium –the world’s first to be certified “responsible” –helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
Working Monday to Friday, you will be based at the Central Park building, location in Perth CBD.
In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, we own an integrated portfolio of iron ore assets: a world-class, integrated network of 16 mines, four independent port terminals, a 1,700 kilometre rail network and related infrastructure –all designed to respond rapidly to changes in demand. We are one of the world’s leading producers and exporters of iron ore.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome –they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Applications close on Sunday, 7th March 2021 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)