At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About Operation Services
BHP Operations Services (OS) is a Production and Maintenance workforce. We offer permanent roles within BHP with full-time benefits including flexible working arrangements and more
Operation Services (OS) employees work in an environment where safety is central to role and support is always at hand. You will work as part of a smaller team so you can expect to build good connections with your supervisors and peers. OS has a high performing culture and encourages continuous improvement and development.
About the Role
We are looking for Mechanical Fitters to join our OS Team:
- Appropriate trade qualifications, Cert III in Engineering
- Previous experience in mining will be highly regarded, although not essential
- Experience in Fixed Plant or Shutdown work also highly regarded
- Highly safety focused
- Dedicated and enthusiastic
- Keen to learn with a willingness for self-improvement
- Ability to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Effective listening and strong interpersonal skills
What is on offer?
- Permanent positions
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus scheme
- Variety of rosters depending on location
- Generous share match scheme
- Novated leasing
- Endless career progression opportunities
- A broad range of discounts through our employee benefits package
- Ongoing support for you and your family through our Employee Assistant Program
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Important: The safety of BHP’s people and our candidates is our number one priority. Due to the unfolding circumstances of COVID-19 and the Government regulations in place to deal with the pandemic, your working location and/or roster as advertised in this advert may be temporarily subject to change whilst the government regulations are in place. This is to ensure the health safety of our workforce, and to implement effective social distancing measures. These changes if applicable will be discussed at screening and interview stage.