At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Mine Employee to join our team at BHP Mitsui Coal (BMC) Poitrel Mine Site working a 7 days on / 7 days off roster, 7 nights on, 7 days off reporting to the Supervisor Production
- Contributing to our safety and continuous improvement culture
- Work effectively with other team members
- Maintain a high level working knowledge of safety processes
- Experience on D10T, D11T Track Dozers is essential.
- Minimum ‘C’ Class Driver’s licence, HR highly regarded.
- Competency with one or more of the following preferred: 16M, 18M or 24M Graders, 980 or 988 Loaders, Hitachi Ex1200 and civil ancillary equipment.
- Background in training desirable.
- Previous experience working in an open cut coal mining environment
- An unwavering commitment to safety and this will be clearly demonstrated throughout your prior experience
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.