Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Temporary Flexible full-time
Tenure Period:1 March 2021 to 27 August 2021
Possibility of Extension:Yes
$4,207.00 - $4,505.00 per fortnight
Strategy & Corporate Services
EXEC MIN CORP
UNIFORMS & LOGISTICS
Midnight, Sunday 7 March 2021
Current QFES employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is the primary provider of fire, rescue and emergency management programs and services throughout Queensland. The department encompasses the Fire and Rescue Service, disaster management services, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, and also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of the role
Uniforms and Logistics is responsible for the provision of uniforms, personal protective equipment (PPE) and operational equipment to all services and streams of the department, including monitoring and improving distribution systems, processes and uniform standards to support the QFES Uniforms and Logistics Program service delivery capability.
Reporting to the Executive Manager, you will be a key member of the team responsible for leading the Logistics Support team and working collaboratively with staff and volunteers to provide effective and efficient planning, coordination and delivery of business service activities, including supply chain management, for the QFES Uniforms and Logistics Program.
- There are no key requirements for this role.
Your key accountabilities
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting key frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Lead and manage the team to ensure efficient delivery of business services whilst maintaining a culture promoting customer focus and continuous improvement within the program.
- Manage the supply chain for uniforms, PPE and operational equipment to support service delivery capabilities provided by QFES.
- Determine, monitor and review program performance to ensure service capacity and capability meets current and future business needs.
- Ensure compliance with Queensland Government Procurement Policy, financial management practices and departmental policies and procedures whilst strengthening governance and risk management.
- Lead initiatives to develop and implement standardised tools, practices and procedures that optimise efficiency and effectiveness of the program.
- Facilitate effective engagement with staff and volunteers to promote initiatives, communicate change and manage expectations.
- Prepare high level complex briefing documents, submissions, reports and correspondence on related issues and initiatives in accordance with departmental requirements.
- Actively develop and maintain professional relationships with stakeholders ensuring services are responsive to current and future needs.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following Leadership Competencies for Queensland behavioural profiles that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Leadership Competency Stream – Team Leader (leading others)
- Leads strategically
- Stimulates ideas and innovation
- Leads change in complex environments
- Makes insightful decisions
- Develops and mobilises talent
- Builds enduring relationships
- Inspires others
- Drives accountability and outcomes
- Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces
- Pursues continuous growth
- Demonstrates sound governance
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values of:
Want more information?
Please contact Evonne Harding, Executive Manager, Uniform and Logistics on phone 0427 652 911 or email email@example.com.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Public Service Application Guide for information on how to apply for this role.