|Job Type:||Full Time|
As an organisation, AFL Victoria works tirelessly across all regions to enhance and grow the game. Together, we run community programs, deliver important events, develop coaches and umpires, collaborate with partners, support clubs and so much more. While our roles may vary we are all united by a common goal, to progress the game so that everyone can share in its heritage and possibilities.
About the role
Across our network, our AFL Victoria Regional Managers work towards the betterment of Australian Football in their local football community. We are currently recruiting a Regional Manager vacancy in Gippsland.
What the job involves
- Develop and deliver a regional focus to improve engagement, participation rates and strategic growth of AFL
- Establish and capitalise on opportunities to maximise and enhance participation through AFL Victoria’s core participation pillars and programs
- Work with local stakeholders to identify the best structure for community football within the region to ensure efficient and effective participation pathways exist.
- Execute key community football projects, initiatives or other activities as directed from time to time by AFL Victoria.
- Enhance the capacity of AFL competitions within the region to identify, attract and develop best talent.
- Oversee, support and report appropriate competition management policies and procedures
- Manage all elements of Social compliance within the region including all child safeguarding measures.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with all member Leagues, Clubs and Umpiring Associations, Auskick Centres, Schools, AFL Victoria Country partners, local Councils, State Government and local media outlets.
- Liaise with other community based organisations and build relationships in the region.
- Manage and Identify facility opportunities for development, redevelopment or expansion within the region
- Manage all funding requirements at a local and state government level, following all regulations and guidelines from AFL Victoria and government.
- Execute People policies, performance goals and allocate resources within AFL Victoria guidelines.
- Develop a high-performance culture for regional staff
- Manage regional staff in conjunction with AFL Victoria via recruitment, retention, and performance
- Provide leadership and guidance daily on all people related matters and Roles and Responsibilities.
- Manage staff resources and workload to ensure alignment to strategy and business plans
- Monitor, review and performance manage staff within AFL Victoria Policies and Procedures.
- Execute best practice management through clear operating policies and procedures in line with AFL Victoria.
- Conduct regular evaluation of business activities to ensure compliance is met.
- Serve as the primary spokesperson and representative of the Region, in consultation with the Commission/Advisory Board Chair and AFL Victoria.
- Management of the Commission/Advisory Board in relation to code of conduct, processes and effectively governing the region
- Contribute to the production, monitoring, delivery and reporting of the AFL Victoria and regional strategy
- Manage and deliver the development of key community football projects or initiatives
- Strategic Projects to develop community football in the Region
Financial Management and Reporting:
- Proactively manage and grow all aspects of the Region’s business to achieve positive revenue growth and support and drive increased exposure of AFL
- Manage the financial aspects of the business.
- Report accurately and efficiently to all key stakeholders including AFL Victoria.
- Facilitate the production of monthly budget/forecast activity reports.
- Oversee debtor / creditor management.
- Manage the Regional Area Commission within budget and look for areas of opportunity to improve efficiencies
- Cost Management within policy and procedure.
- Report accurately the financial position of the region ensuring regular communication around outcomes of financial changes and mitigation of risk
Our ideal team member
- Degree in related field, (e.g. Accounting, Commerce, Business or related discipline) or equivalent experience
- Sound knowledge of the football industry, particularly community football and the major factors impacting on community football Leagues, clubs and umpiring groups
- Demonstrated personal initiative and ability to manage a team
- Highly developed verbal and written communication, interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated experience in the administration of community football
- Familiarity with operational, financial, quality assurance and staff management procedures
The AFL is committed to promoting and protecting the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in our care. The AFL undertakes several screening processes to ensure the appropriate protection of children in its care.
Please note, employment in this position is subject to the successful candidate holding a Valid Working with Children Check and a satisfactory criminal history record check.
- We believe in a Healthy Mind, Healthy Body and Healthy Workplace and our staff have access to an extensive Health and Wellbeing program
- My Development – all employees have access to the AFL’s My development program which consists of on the job training, coaching and mentoring and formal learning.
- AFL Staff Footy Memberships – easy access to the game, staff can share these with family and friends
- My Benefits – staff have access to over 350 discounts with some of the biggest retailers and the AFL’s Corporate Partners
- Play Your Way – A flexible approach to your working life
Applications close Tuesday 23 February