|Job Type:||Full Time, Part Time|
Imagine yourself thriving in an innovative and supportive environment, building your M&A experience whilst advising a diverse range of clients on some of their most important decisions - whether it be a founder selling their "life's work", or an executive team making a career-defining acquisition. Are you in?
About the Team
We are M&A Advisors - we provide tailored M&A advice to ensure our clients pursue and successfully complete the transactions that are right for them.
Our M&A Advisory team works directly with shareholders, founders and C-suite executives throughout the entire M&A lifecycle to deliver advice on every aspect of a transaction, from initial valuation guidance, through financial and strategic analysis, to finding and negotiating with the right counterparties. We do this across a wide range of transactions including acquisitions, divestments, recapitalisations and capital raisings.
We are a group of high-calibre professionals led by a diverse leadership team who are supportive, collaborative and innovative. We execute some of Australia's most interesting transactions across entrepreneur-backed and family-owned businesses, private equity, and corporate Australia.
We are also a global team - working on cross-border deals with multi-disciplinary teams - allowing our people to build wide networks across the world's largest professional services firm.
What will your typical day look like
This opportunity will see you working directly with market-leading M&A lead advisors to support with:
- Execution of exciting deals with clients including international and national corporations, emerging companies, private businesses and private equity firms, across a range of industry sectors including healthcare, consumer business, technology, financial services, manufacturing, etc.
- Delivery of deal documents such as strategy papers, information memoranda, management presentations, valuation analysis, purchaser co-ordination, and taking responsibility for preparation of information for client/bidder/stakeholder communications
- Preparation of valuation support materials including financial modelling, DCF analysis, comparable companies, precedent transactions and integrated operating models
- Assistance with management of due diligence processes including responsibility for the data room and Q&A process
- Assistance with end-to-end project management of transactions including direct liaison with vendors/bidders/boards and other deal stakeholders
Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone, who:
- Has a structured thinking style with excellent analytical and financial skills to support complex transactions
- Has demonstrated interest in M&A - you are intellectually curious, actively read the financial press, and have knowledge of the broader M&A deal/ transaction process
- Can structure, draft and manage the finalisation of pitch books and other business development work to win prospective mandates
- Has advanced MS Office skills and ideally some experience with research tools (S&P Capital IQ, etc.)
- Is collaborative and able to develop enthusiasm and commitment from team members and share knowledge
- Is good at developing strong and durable client relationships as well as build and maintain effective relationships with colleagues
- An Undergraduate degree, ideally in Commerce, Finance, Business, Accounting or Engineering
- Post graduate qualification or currently studying, e.g. CA, CPA, CFA, MBA or Master's in Applied Finance
- May have experience in an M&A transaction environment, which would be seen favourably but is not critical; you might be in a lead advisory or transaction services role currently, but you might also be in another professional services environment with the hunger to build a career in M&A!
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia's borders. We value difference and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
If you've got any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, contact our Talent Acquisition team. We'd love to hear from you.
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally. The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.