|Job Type:||Full Time|
To be Australia's leading bank, trusted by customers for exceptional service the Mega Services team has embarked on a multi-year journey to transform and migrate core integration technologies to the cloud. We are looking for candidates with exceptional technical skills to enable us to migrate to cloud faster, safer.
The ideal candidates will be working on current technologies provided through Amazon Web Services. Experience with infrastructure tools such as Ansible, and CI/CD pipelines are highly regarded. Also required is hands-on experience with AWS, particularly with a focus on configuring a secure environment.
In addition to your strong technical capability you will be a proven team player, independent thinker and have a collaborative attitude towards your work and colleagues.
Key Role Activities:
- Work in an agile environment, attending standups, retros, planning, showcases and other agile meetings and ceremonies.
- Resolve technical barriers and roadblocks impacting delivery teams.
- Track delivery outcomes against key performance indicators and provide reporting to the Development Technical Lead or Engineering Manager
- Showcase work to stakeholders
Design & Build
- Design, Built and Support AWS Cloud databases
- Keep up-to-date with new tools and technologies relevant to the Service and proactively promote new tools and methodologies adoption
- Be a go to person for Developers and Service team members for troubleshooting.
- Collect logs and metrics, build dashboards and monitor using Splunk,AppDynamnics and other tools..
What does this role do;
- You will be a goto person for Database design questions
- You will be part of our Devops eco system building infrastructure in AWS
- Given business requirements, you will design and build the target database with the right data model for the project.
- You will also perform optimisation of databases, look for failure points, and ensure data integrity is preserved.
Skills and Experience
- AWS Aurora/Postgres expertise
- SQL developer experience ( + no SQL)
- Production support / BAU optimisation
- Certified in AWS (Developer + Architect) preferred
- Hands on AWS experience building infrastructure
- Experience working with GIT, AWS, Jenkins, Artifactory
- Experience with microservices deployment and container technologies like Docker
- Environment performance monitoring and reporting.
- Documenting practices, solutions, known issues, and common trouble shooting procedures.
- Ensure all systems, platforms and applications are compliant with and operating to relevant security and data protection standards
- Have in-depth understanding of microservice architecture, API management and distributed systems concepts
- Devops capabilities, including the knowledge of testing automation, AWS cloud, APIs and microservices
- Experience with Tomcat, Gradle, Histrix Circuit Breakers, Containers, Testing tools
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environment.
- The ability to work independently with minimal management supervision and as part of a team of engineers.
- Be confident and actively participate in team support by proposing and implementing solutions.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent social and communication skills, “can do” attitude and excellent analytical skills.
- Providing technical assistance and support to other team members.
In return, our team creates an awesome environment for you to showcase your skills and passion.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
We want to hear from you. (You need to be a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold an Australian permanent residency status to apply.)
At NAB we support workplace flexibility. Have a chat to us about how this can work for you…