|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Principal Program Manager
Are you passionate aboutcutting edge of cloud platform development?Would you thrive on working directly with our customers’engineers to understand their needs, identify emerging patterns, and develop new capabilities? Doyou enjoy solving complex problems in novel ways across a myriad of platforms?
The Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) team is a global engineering organization that works directly with customers looking to leverage the latest technologies to address their toughest challenges and transform their industries using cloud-based solutions. We work closely with our customers’ engineers to develop code to jointly solve their biggest challenges to accelerate progress in their organization. In the process, we help shape the future of our own platforms by partnering with our product groups to improve them. We pride ourselves on making contributions to open source and make our platforms easier to adopt.
We sit side-by-side with our customers to collaboratively innovate custom solutions tailored to solve their challenges. Our work involves the development of high-impact,open-sourcesoftware assets that contribute to the Microsoft platform that are broadly applicable. Important to this role, you will be enablingour team to deliver high quality engineering engagements, acting as a product owner for customerengagements.
Be respectful and inclusive – As a group, we work to build consensus with our teammates and customers. You’ll be the sort of person who enjoys a culture that ensures that all voices and perspectives are heard and considered.
- Drive customer engagements to deliverwell-defined products that generate immediate customer value and high-quality, broadly applicable software contributionsto Microsoft products and toopen-sourcecommunities
- Serve as Product Owner, managingroadmaps andplans, in partnership with domain subject matter experts (SMEs) within theorganization
- Land Industry prioritized engineering scenarios adoption through leading engagements, sharing reusable assets and fostering cross-industrycollaboration
- Lead communications with our customers, within the team and SMEs to represent our customers’ requirements, triage and prioritize customer feedback, ensure clarity within the CSE working team and actionable intelligence for our productteams
- Continuously drive excellence inprogram management fundamentals to continually build our shared best-practices
We are seeking people who have experiences which reflect the qualifications below:
- 5+ years'program/productmanagementexperience including shipping complex production systems that run on a publiccloud
- 2+years as lead PM, communicating directly with customers, issue management to resolution and presenting to key stakeholders, including customerexecutives.
- Strongprogram management (PM) experience in managing customer relationships and engagements,driving clarity for the engineering team, andmanagingrisks andprioritieswith stakeholders.
- IndustryexperienceinFinancialServicesis a plusbut not mandatory.
- Thought Leadership on envisioning industry patterns and then bringing them to reality through code deliverables,technical reports, whitepapersor casestudies.
- Experience working within and directing geographically dispersed, diverse, and virtualteams
- A Bachelor’sormaster’sdegree in Computer Science or a related discipline or the equivalent
- Enjoy travel and comfortable with regional travel up to 25%
At Microsoft, we are seeking people who have a passion for the positive impact technology can have on the communities and for making a difference in the world. Within CSE, you will find a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and personal and cultural experiences which are vital to our success with our customers. It’s an informal and flexible work environment and you’ll be welcome to work from home, our offices, customer sites– wherever is best for you to get your job done. We invest in your health, wellness, and financial future byoffering a competitive package including a wide range of benefits built around your personal needs and those close to you
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.