|Job Type:||Full Time|
Remuneration/Benefit: Competitive remuneration negotiable
- Exciting new role
- Aurizon Non-Rail Services
- Drive real business outcomes
Our Bulk Business Group is on an exciting upward journey, having recently acquired two Ports.
- Champion a safety culture which promotes, creates and maintains a Zero Harm approach in all aspects of the operation.
- Direct and manage teams to achieve the team targets, due dates and quality standards ensuring results meet the required business priorities and customer's expectations.
- Track rosters, on time performance, safety and deliverables against benchmarks and standards of performance.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and greater collaboration and implement plans to effectively address these areas and resolve issues.
- Ensure the allocated team has up to date training and competency and clear, current and measurable goals and objectives aligned to the operating plan and business targets.
- Build positive workplace relationships with allocated team including setting and monitoring of performance standards and behavioural standards, building a high-performance team, and managing performance, disciplinary matters.
About you: For us to build upon this evolution trajectory we need an experienced leader from the transportation industry to drive the success of this new business. Managing non-rail assets will see you working with tradesperson in a diesel shed environment in the management of running heavy haul trucks, working with machinery, inventory contractor management and liase with various customers both internal and external.
- Certificate IV/Diploma Frontline Management or equivalent.
- Previous line leadership experience in large scale logistics or heavy industrial organisation.
- Trade qualification- highly desirable
- Well-developed Safety management skills and knowledge including incident investigation, safety interactions, near miss reporting and behaviour-based safety leadership.
- Ability to effectively engage team members, establish and sustain relationships, set clear direction and provide coaching.
- Demonstrated customer relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated commercial acumen.
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view of policies and benefits here
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers