|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mott MacDonald's Advisory team successfully integrates our experience across Infrastructure Advisory, Economics, Project Management, Environment and Sustainability, Professional Training and Leadership Development, Asset Management, and Digital Consulting to provide advice that covers the full spectrum of considerations over the entire infrastructure lifecycle.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Project Controller to join our growing Project, Programme and Commercial Management Team. As the newest senior member of the team you will be providing oversight to our major project commissions and responsible for influencing, implementing and advising our clients to help them deliver outstanding infrastructure.
You will have an eye for detail and be able to follow procedures, requirements and rules while maintaining confidentiality with sensitive information. Operating as part of the wider project team you will use a high level of initiative and ability to organise and prioritise tasks with minimal supervision while maintaining a high level of internal customer service.
* With advanced knowledge of MS Project, P6 and MS Excel and working knowledge of other relevant software such as you will contribute towards creating plans and analysing trends using numerical and statistical techniques.
* Support the project control functions on a range of projects, with varying levels of complexity
* Understand the importance of scope, cost and schedule change control
* Prepare project reports including progress, financial and resource information, including actual costs, earned value and forecasts
* Ensure all cost, schedule and risk project reporting and activities comply with company and client needs
* Update cost control systems to reflect budgets, actual and forecast costs
* Quality control of timesheet management for all staff/contractors on the project and liaising with project management to ensure that timesheets are accurate and addressing any issues as they arise
* Review sub-consultant invoices and costs for appropriateness and recommend for payment
* Collate, compile and issue project status information for weekly and monthly reporting
* Maintain relationships with subcontractors and others on project control related activities
* 5-10 years' experience working on projects within Australian based engineering firms
* Experience working on large engineering project / alliances with multiple partners
* Relevant tertiary qualifications relevant to Commercial Management and Project Controls
* Working knowledge of other relevant software such as Power BI, Deltek, Lawson, Project wise, Prism, Sap, SQL PowerPoint
* High level of proficiency in MS Excel, MS Project, and MS PowerPoint is mandatory
* Great report writing with a high degree of accuracy
* Understanding of EV and ability to apply within Engineering projects
* Experience in Project Control systems reviews and needs analysis
* Ability to understand complex contractual requirements
* Proven experience in working to tight deadlines
* Advanced communication skills and experience in external and internal stakeholder management
* Great team player
In return, we offer you all the benefits that come from working in a global consultancy, including a competitive salary, ongoing professional support, career development and a great opportunity to work on key projects. We are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability.
There's no time like the present to make a change.