|Job Type:||Full Time|
WestConnex is part of an integrated transport plan to keep Sydney moving - easing congestion, creating jobs and connecting communities. By joining the WestConnex team, you'll be contributing to one of Sydney's most high-profile and iconic projects, changing the face of Sydney and future-proofing it for years to come.
Reporting to the M4-M5 Link Commercial Director and based in Mascot, the Senior Commercial Manager is responsible for the strategic contract management of the WestConnex M4-M5 Link project; ensuring that all contractual, commercial, project and regulatory responsibilities are adhered to.
The impact you'll have:
- You'll act as the key point of contact on commercial and contract compliance matters
- You'll provide regular monitoring of contractual compliance requirements and ensure adherence and conformance of contract delivery requirements and terms
- You'll ensure that contract ramifications are understood and you'll apply a strategic and commercial lens to ensure that commercial outcomes that are best for business are achieved
- With a proactive approach to managing risk, you'll mitigate associated contract claims before they are escalated
- You'll establish strong relationships with stakeholders, both internal and external
The talents you'll bring:
- Degree qualified in engineering, law or project management, you'll have worked as a Commercial Manager, Senior Contracts Manager or Construction Lawyer, ideally with 5 + years' experience working in a tier one D&C construction environment
- Technically sound, you'll have a demonstrated ability to understand complex commercial contracts and interpret and apply legislation for effective business outcomes
- Commercially astute with a proactive approach to managing risk, you'll be experienced in drafting and negotiating complex commercial contract matters, understanding and interpreting detailed construction contracts, commercial terms and financial data
- A natural relationship-builder and communicator, you can engage, influence and collaborate effectively and tactfully in challenging circumstances
At Transurban we are driven by bringing people and places closer. Together, we're building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We're making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We're getting people where they're going. And we're doing it faster, smarter and safer.
We believe in equality. We treat everyone with fairness, consideration and respect, regardless of gender, cultural background, religious beliefs, sexuality or personal circumstances - whether they work for us or not. We want to ensure everyone feels comfortable to express themselves and their opinions.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.