|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Build your career in a highly engaged and successful team
- Committed to working flexibly
- Use your expertise to drive positive outcomes for our customers
You are an experienced banking lawyer who has the legal excellence and professionalism to advise on financial services regulation, regulatory compliance obligations of markets and knowledgeable on structured derivatives to enable NAB to manage reputational risk and prioritise fairness for our corporate and institutional customers.
You will assist the NAB Group in this exciting area by being prepared to be challenged, flexible and work with energy to support NAB’s Markets, Regulatory and Compliance teams, collaborating with other members of the Legal team, external counsel and relevant stakeholders within the Corporate & Institutional Banking, Risk and Commercial Services divisions.
A typical day will include:
- Advise on laws, regulations and obligations applicable to Markets’ regulatory compliance, identify and advising on emerging issues with respect to Markets
- Review and assess conduct risk exposure to Markets, e.g. conflicts of interest, market manipulation and unconscionable conduct
- Legal review of policies and procedures, controls and processes as these relate to Markets.
- Advising on operational risk events, event escalation and contributing to reports and responses to regulators
- Advising on the development of bespoke structured finance transactions, terms sheets, agreements and confirmations including engagement with key business stakeholders and external legal counsel, as required
What you will bring
You have a tertiary qualification in Law and are admitted to practice as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales (or equivalent jurisdiction) and you have a current Practicing Certificate. You have 8 years’ plus post qualification experience in a financial institution or within the banking practice of a reputable law firm and can demonstrate:
- Expert technical competency in laws, practices and agreements relating to derivatives regulation and structured transactions
- Clear thinking and excellent communication skills, written and verbal, adaptable to circumstances and stakeholders
- Excellent stakeholder management and the ability to build credibility with business partners
- Strategic thinking and pro-active approach
- Strong ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively as a team member
Your new team
You will be part of the Markets Legal team of 7 individuals, work with the wider Corporate & Institutional Banking Legal team and other legal teams in Commercial Services. We are a collegial and supportive team and encourage each lawyer as they independently manage their matters and develop their skills and knowledge.
By joining NAB and our Legal team, you are committing to putting our customers’ needs first every time. You will be ambitious for growth; always curious and learning from colleagues. You will speak honestly, always valuing the time and opinion of others. You will own your work, do what is right, even when it’s hard.
NAB, invested in you
We are committed to gender equality and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and have a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have committed $70bn in financing to help address climate change and provide 2 days of paid leave each year through our employee volunteering program to support community organisations.
We support our colleagues to be their best by offering a wide range of educational, financial, lifestyle, health & wellbeing benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s explore who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.