|Job Type:||Full Time, Part Time|
About our team
The A&A Analytic Solutions team is at the heart of the Audit & Assurance Digital Strategy across Deloitte Asia Pacific. Our team of data technologists, designers, developers and management consultants coupled with our proprietary data analytics platform powers the next generation offerings to help clients make better data-driven decisions. We're absolute data nerds and love working with numbers and large data sets (the more unstructured, the better). Data brings us together; our difference inspires creativity and our focus on culture is our adhesive!
We believe that success comes from fully understanding the impact of choices and using a data driven approach drives improved operational and strategic decision making. Our team brings diverse thinkers from multiple disciplines to work together in a dynamic, fast paced and creative environment. We thrive on challenges enabled by our diverse portfolio, promote curiosity and continuous learning, all whist providing a supportive and inclusive team culture.
What will your typical day look like?
- Designing, building and optimising extraction frameworks and interfaces that can interface with different systems and websites and feed into our cloud data platform
- Work closely with the analytics and data scientist team in building, optimising and productionising data extraction and integration solutions
- Involvement in identifying trends and innovation in data platforms to inform the future development of solutions for our clients and evolving our data analytics platform
Enough about us let's talk about you. You're someone with…
- 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience as a Data Integration Engineer
- 3+ years of experience with programming languages (Java / .NET / Python / Scala)
- Minimum of BA/BSc degree in a quantitative degree such as Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Epidemiology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Hands on experience in building ETL/ELT solutions for large scale data pipelines
- Working knowledge of data platform concepts - big data cloud storage (Azure Blob Store / Data Lake Store), data warehouse (Azure DW, Synapse, Snowflake, etc.), big data processing (e.g. Spark, Databricks, Redshift, Delta Lake, Dremio, Presto, etc.), real time processing architecture for data platforms, scheduling and monitoring of ETL/ELT jobs.
- Experience with solution architecture, data ingestion, query optimisation, data segregation, ETL, ELT, lambda, CI/CD and TDD frameworks.
- Experience building integration points with public and private APIs, including exposure to data scraping
- Experience using data acquisition and maintenance frameworks (such as Azure Data Factory) to extract data from a variety of source systems, including:
- SAP / Oracle / Dynamics / Xero / Quickbooks, etc.
- Experience using Data Ops to develop data flows and the continuous use of data
- Experience with key ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics and Sage would be valued
- Knowledge of ERP connectors available within Azure Data Factory
- Fluency with 'traditional' data analytics stack, complex query authoring as well as a variety of SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, Cassandra) and ETL software (e.g. SSIS, Informatica, Talend, Pentaho, Stich, etc.)
- A personal commitment to continuous learning with a demonstrated track record of keeping up to date with emerging toolsets, approaches and methods
At Deloitte we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.