|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Bring your passion for making an impact to our diverse & complex customers in the region
- Work with a broad and dynamic team of specialists and reap the benefits of team rewards
- Draw from your market presence to acquire new business opportunities
Our Wagga Wagga team are looking for an experienced business banker to join the team to manage a diverse portfolio of SME customers. This opportunity will see you focusing on developing strong referral sources, community links and new business partnerships whilst also utilising your strong Business Development skills.
In this role, a typical day for me will include:
- Developing and managing a portfolio of key business banking customers and referral partners
- Assessing economic value and risk potential of new business
- Educating customers about their business options and providing sound advice about risk and opportunities for growth
- Proactively calling on networks of contacts to help identify new business and referral opportunities
- Implementing initiatives to support customer acquisition in my local market
- Working with customers on their proposed annual business plans
- Preparing and submitting customer lending proposals
- Working with and assisting team members
The purpose of my role:
- I will manage new opportunities with the goal of building relationships that endure
- I am passionate about helping my customers understand the risk and profitability of their business to safely and effectively achieve their desired outcomes
- Deeply understand my customer’s current and future needs and collaborate across a broad network to ensure a tempered approach to delivering the right outcomes and balancing risk
- Drive efficiencies and effectiveness across the team, business partners and overall value chain by modelling NAB’s values and behaviours
- As a Senior member of the team I will support and advocate for strategic & business initiatives
Our purpose is to serve our customers well and help our communities prosper. We fund some of the most important infrastructure and industries – the businesses that make a difference. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
We believe in people with ideas and dreams, and we want you to achieve your aspirations. At NAB we work together to deliver exceptional outcomes that push the limits of expectations. Our passion about creating value and exceeding our customers' expectations means we're constantly striving to redefine our standards of excellence. For more information on mastering a Banker role at NAB, and your career pathways please click here.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. You can learn more about these great benefits by clicking here.
Learn more about Wagga Wagga:
Wagga Wagga is a vibrant regional centre right in the middle of the Riverina. It is the largest regional city in NSW and is a vibrant, cosmopolitan and welcoming city this is under a 5 hour drive from both Melbourne and Sydney and only 3 hours from Canberra.
Known as the heart of Australia’s Food Bowl, the region has a delicious food and wine scene, as well as wonderful galleries, beautiful scenery, gorgeous gardens and parks, and fascinating heritage.
There are events, markets and festivals happening all year round in Wagga Wagga. Don’t miss the Wagga Wagga Mardi Gras street parade and celebrations in March, Lost Lanes winter festival and Wagga Comedy Fest in June, Spring Jam family festival in September, and the Gears and Beers cycling and craft beer festival in October. To learn more then click here.
A relevant business-related tertiary qualification, but it's your passion for customers, your will to win and drive and tenacity that will ensure your success in this role. To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or have permanent residency. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert, so let us know you’re interested.
We value and embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve and that our thinking, solutions, and products are the best they can be.