|Location:||New South Wales, Newcastle, Sydney|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Boral Asphalt is looking to appoint an experienced Technical Manager. The key focus of this role is to provide professional technical expertise and support to the Asphalt Businesses to improve the performance and ensure compliance of Asphalt Products and ensure customer satisfaction.
Reporting to Operational Support Manager (NSW/ACT) responsibilities will include;
- Working with the national teams to Support and drive innovation, new technology and utilisation of sustainable products.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety through active participation and follow-up.
- Design, assess, control, maintain and improve asphalt mixes, spray seal designs and raw materials to satisfy customer requirements and expectations.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders on technical issues related to maintaining product quality and ensuring external customer requirements and expectations are met.
- Develop, technically based tailored solutions and successfully sell these solutions to customers.
- Review and comment on technical content of major tenders and contracts.
- Maintain/monitor all changes to relevant Australian Standards, State Road Authority specifications and implement these changes in laboratory manuals and procedures, and where necessary conduct appropriate staff training.
- Participate in cost reduction and materials performance improvement opportunities in Quarries and Asphalt Business units.
- Conduct independent reviews and audits to verify that quality standards are met and that appropriate testing methods are employed.
- Maintain effective and planned Quality Assurance (QA) processes which meet Aust. Standards through NATA accreditation and audit process reviews.
- Work closely with Boral Senior management team, provide insights and contribute to the development of strategic plans relating to all technical aspects of the Asphalt Business.
- Network and contribute to industry professional bodies.
- Investigate complaints, claims and non-conformances.
Ideally, the successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Science/ Engineering or other relevant discipline (preferred).
- Minimum 5 years relevant industry technical experience.
- Sound technical knowledge of Asphalt and Quarry Products.
- Sound knowledge of Asphalt production, laying and spray seal processes.
- Previous experience in customer focused technical environment.
- Knowledge of Australian and Industry standards.
- NATA – capability and understanding of process and requirements.
- Strong proficiency with relevant technical systems for monitoring and reporting data.
On offer will be a challenging and exciting career with a construction industry leader that provides genuine career growth opportunities. This is an opportunity to work in a team environment within an organisation dedicated to the safety of our employees.
If you are interested in this role please press APPLY or visit http://careers.boral.com.au