|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Process Control Engineer – Ranger Mine, NT
- Unique opportunity to be involved in the largest rehabilitation project ever to be undertaken
- Join a global mining organisation where your career development opportunities are endless
- Bus in bus out from Darwin or residential in Jabiru - Monday to Friday 5/2 roster or eligibility to work a 5/2, 4/3 roster
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for aSenior Process Control Engineerto join our plant operations department at ourRanger Minein the Northern Territory. The successful candidate will be involved in technically challenging projects whilst working within a cohesive team of dedicated professionals that operate in line with a strong safety philosophy.
We are an open, connected international team of technical specialists using some of the most exciting data and tools on the planet. We are the world leader in automation and smart mining. We have technical development programmes that are industry-leading and recognise the unique nature of your role. These provide opportunities to grow your career through a dedicated technical path while being rewarded for your unique skills.
This role is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual who possesses strong communication skills with the ability to build effective working relationships.
Reporting to the Superintendent Electrical Maintenance& Process Control, you will:
- Provide day to day support of the Honeywell DCS and associated control and reporting systems onsite
- Coordinate and manage Honeywell support and parts contract
- Identify, plan and coordinate essential upgrades to maintain plant availability
- Update and manage specifications and documentation associated with Honeywell systems onsite
- Provide continuous review and improvement of DCS alarm and event generation
- Provide continuous review and improvement to process control to improve operational efficiency
What you’ll bring
- Tertiary qualifications Electrical Engineering, Process Engineering or Mechatronics
- Demonstrated experience in control system design, commissioning and maintenance support for a mineral processing plant
- Excellent knowledge and experience with fault finding and programming of Honeywell Experion PKS, Honeywell HPM Controllers, Honeywell PHD
- Excellent knowledge and experience with fault finding and programming of Allen Bradley PLC5 or Rockwell PLC products and ControlLogix controllers
- Knowledge and experience with fault finding control system networks, including Ethernet/IP and fibre optic communications
- Knowledge and experience reviewing process control functional design specifications and scope of works for projects
- Experience in the management and coordination of all project related processes from budget preparation, financial approvals, schedule and cost estimates, risk and quality management, project execution and closure
What we offer
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive employee share scheme, extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options, and exclusive employee discount schemes
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
Energy Resources of Australia Ltd (ERA)is a publicly listed company with Rio Tinto its major shareholder. ERA has mined and produced uranium oxide from its Ranger mine in the beautiful and rugged Alligator Rivers area of the Northern Territory since 1980. The Ranger mine is located on Aboriginal land, and is surrounded by, but separate from Kakadu National Park.
Mining at Ranger ceased in November 2012 and since then, Ranger has been processing ore from stockpiles.
The role is either Darwin based on a Bus in Bus out arrangement between Ranger Mine and Darwin, or locally based residential in Jabiru. Subsidised housing arrangements for Jabiru residents will be included.
Every voice matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Applications close on 4thMarch (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)