|Job Type:||Full Time|
International Freight Manager
In October 2020, Woolworths Group Supply Chain rebranded to become Primary Connect - an end-to-end supply chain partner within Woolworths Group. Our team of more than 8,000 continues to support our Woolworths, BWS, Dan Murphy’s, Countdown, and BIG W stores across the country, providing them with our customers’ favourite food, drink, and everyday needs items.
Becoming Primary Connect gives us the opportunity to keep growing so we can become the next generation supply chain whilst remaining an essential part of Woolworths Group. There has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of Australia’s biggest supply chain network
- Newly created position - stamp your mark
- Flexibility and work-life balance policies that will support you to thrive
Every decision we make is designed with our customers, teams and safety at the heart. Our Supply Chain processes are always changing to adjust to the ever evolving needs of our customers and the need for ultimate convenience, even more so in the current societal climate. There has never been a better time to join Woolworths as we grow and transform in our offering to customers.
You will develop and execute International Freight Procurement Strategy for Woolworths Group business units. You will liaise with carriers and other service partners, securing International freight services to support current and future business needs.
Your excellent relationship management skills will help you build relationships with new and existing service partners as well as internal stakeholders with ease, In addition to this you will collate and provide relevant market and pricing information to the Commercial teams as well as ensuring continuity of service delivery.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Develop and build strong relationships with carriers and other service partners
- Analyse market conditions to enable most suitable procurement strategy
- Execute International Freight Tenders
- Secure international freight services via annual tender and ad hoc
- Manage preparation and conducting of quarterly business review meetings with service partners (QBRs)
- Provide up-to-date International freight insights to Replenishment and Commercial teams.
- Manage carrier relationships and all carrier related escalations
The suitable candidate will have:
- A minimum of 8 years in international ocean freight or international supply chain
- A good understanding of financial management processes including financial forecasting, reporting and budgeting
- Experience in negotiation and managing relationships with service partners.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Experience or working knowledge of International supply chain systems and processes.
- Experience in the maintenance and management of rate & contract database/files
- Broad knowledge of International Supply chain including Transportation Documentation, International Trade, Customs Brokerage, LCL, Air Freight and Cargo Insurance
This is a great opportunity to contribute to the growth of International freight requirements for all of the Woolworths Group.
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You