|Job Type:||Full Time|
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions.
We are responsible for strategy, planning, policy, regulation, funding allocation and other non-service delivery functions for all modes of transport in NSW including road, rail, ferry, light rail, point to point, regional air, cycling and walking.
We focus on improving the customer experience and contract public and private operators to deliver customer-focused transport services on our behalf.
We also lead the procurement of transport infrastructure and oversee delivery through project delivery offices and industry delivery partners.
- Be part of a once-in-a-generation $72.2b infrastructure investment
- Diverse and inclusive team committed to making a real difference
- Permanent full-time opportunity
Over the next 40 years, Sydney’s population is projected to swell to over 12 million residents and regional NSW will accommodate an extra 700,000 people. Transport for NSW is delivering an unprecedented $72.2b investment into a truly game changing Future Transport strategy which will bring together several modes and cutting edge technologies to deliver satisfaction and safety for our customers while supporting a rapidly growing economy.
The Customer Strategy and Technology team within Transport leads the development of long-term, multi-modal strategies, plans and policies across NSW. We leverage data and insights, implement new technologies, drive innovation and build partnerships to provide customer-centred solutions.
The Senior Manager PMO Agile defines needs and recommends solutions that deliver value to the team by optimising the program through applying consistent and appropriate levels of assurance and oversight at all stages of the program lifecycle.
You’ll be responsible for centralising administration, reporting, forecasting, cost accounting, scheduling, quality and risk management as well as managing all program documentation.
Additionally, you will lead and manage the development and implementation of program assurance and management reporting processes to deliver best practice assurance management skills, behaviours and capabilities across the program and assist Branch leadership to develop the Branch Strategy.
What you will be involved in
The successful applicant will apply contemporary leading edge project management iterative approaches and principles which focus on continuous stakeholder collaboration and improvement, to deliver large scale complex technology development projects focusing on adaptability and business value within short timeframes. Other key accountabilities include:
- Leading the development and analysis of regular reporting on the financial position of the projects delivered, including budgeting, forecasting, monthly accruals and journals, allocations of costs, performance and account management across multi-functional project teams.
- Leading an organisational team to deliver financial processes and activities, to provide a single source of truth for financial data, including but not limited to the production of monthly and ad-hoc financial reporting for PMO reporting purposes.
- Developing, implementing and tracking performance metrics, dependency tracking, assurance plans, including maintaining a change requests and business efficiencies benefit register, and coordination of quality assurance reviews to facilitate reporting approvals are tracked the project is delivered.
- Identifying, assessing and mitigating risks and issues arising, provide independent program review, readiness assessment and recommendations on quality management, including developing standards and templates for quality management and project health checks.
You have demonstrated leadership and project management skills and experience with the full project life cycle to deliver successful programs to meet client requirements, this will be evident throughout your career. You are extremely proficient in managing and developing stakeholder and team relationships to capture and engage skills, knowledge and capabilities to enhance project outcomes.
Experience in designing and presenting qualitative and quantitative concise project data including risk and issue management to deliver organizational change programs is highly valued.
The successful candidate will have a relevant tertiary technical or business qualification, PMI Accreditation or similar Project Management training or demonstrated, relevant, equivalent professional experience.
Please note this role requires security and criminal clearance prior to appointment
Want to know more?
Salary and Benefits
Transport Grade TSSM.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. At Transport for NSW, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We actively promote gender diversity in our workplaces, the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and the employment of people with a disability. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call/text or email the contact person for this role.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and address the questions in the application.
Close date: 11:59pm, Sunday, 28 February 2021.