|Job Type:||Full Time|
It’s an exciting time to join the Markets Technology team at NAB where we are transforming the enterprise Foreign Exchange (FX) landscape and driving cutting edge technology solutions.
Sales & Distribution is part of Markets Technology supporting FX services across the NAB and has a team culture of delivery, collaboration and agility. We are accountable for the plan, build and run of the technology services and engagement into the Markets business within Corporate & Institutional Banking.
Your attributes will include:
- Critical thinking, with the ability to articulate designs/solutions to colleagues and managers with logical reasoning and well-written documentation/diagrams
- A risk focus where technical decisions are always viewed with a risk vs benefit lens
- Work well with teams and individuals to analyse business processes / procedures and user requirements in order to establish system requirements
- Demonstration of passion and sense of ownership for investigating and improving system behaviour
- Ability to design, develop, maintain, improve, test, and deploy well designed & high-quality software with a focus on automation, scalability, maintainability and resilience.
Your Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualification computer science or related discipline
- Strong background in hands-on Software Engineering experience
- Java based microservice and API development
- Troubleshooting and Performance tuning of software platform
- Software Delivery technical skills such as CI/CD, Automated Deployments, Automated Testing, Build Servers, Software / Source Code Configuration Management.
As part of the Technology & Operations division, you will be part of Foreign Exchange (FX) Sales and Distribution team to implement technical innovation and solutions for our business partners in the FX and Markets domain. Our goals are to help connect our FX business to external investment banks, Multi-Bank Portals and new markets and domains which require sub-millisecond round trip messaging. This will enable NAB’s continued growth in reaching new client bases and diversify our product offering to the Institutional, Corporate, Business and other NAB clients.
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.