|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Brisbane based role – Gasworks Newstead Office
- Suits an experienced Financial Crimes Officer who is looking to grow and develop their career with a Bold Challenger Bank!
As one of our Financial Crime Operations Officers your primary purpose is to minimise BoQ’s non-lending losses whilst reducing the Bank’s exposure to financial crimes by providing a professional monitoring, detection, prevention, and recovery service for the BoQ Group while partnering with both internal stakeholders and external law enforcement agencies, vendors and other financial institutions financial crimes teams.
- Monitor the Bank’s fraud detection systems to identify and investigate potential fraud
- Ensure fraud loss is minimised, or prevented where possible, by taking prompt and appropriate action, as determined by the individual case
- Identify the perpetrator or the party responsibility for the loss and implement the most appropriate course of action for the recovery of financial crimes losses
- Identify the relevant external authorities for referrals or reporting and liaise with police or other government agencies where necessary
- Liaise with customers, addressing all issues, with the view of protecting the Bank’s interests and meeting the customer’s needs
- Keep customers informed of progress throughout each case.
- Maintain accurate, comprehensive and timely records of all activities in line with Bank and regulatory expectations
- Provide accurate metrics as required for management and external reporting.
- Collating documents and briefs which have been requested under warrant, court order etc in an accurate and timely manner, ensuring appropriate stakeholders have been consulted where required
- Maintaining files, ensuring accurate and current records kept at all times
- Performing data entry to assist with the bank’s financial crimes prevention initiatives.
- Assist with the creation of a financial crimes awareness culture across the Bank
- Assist the Financial Crimes Operations Manager undertake projects or other tasks as required in a timely and efficient manner.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate the following skills:
- Previous experience in a fraud or investigations role
- Strong time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and achieve objectives
- Understanding of the banking codes of practice and other relevant legislation including AML/CTF Act, Privacy Act and Criminal Code
- Sound knowledge of bank products, processes and procedures, including both front and back officer operations
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills and the apply sound judgement
- Ability to contribute as a team member and work collaboratively with others
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to liaise with and forge strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Report writing skills
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community where we support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.