|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Use your considerable Bid Management experience to identify future business opportunities
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
Currently we're welcoming registrations of interest from talented Bid Managers.
About these Opportunities
The Bid Manager is responsible for the overall day-to-day management of all activities associated with the preparation, generation, review, production, submission, post submission and negotiation support of proposals in response to formal customer solicitations.
More specifically you will:
- Develop & maintain the bid schedule, generation & management of the Bookplan and the management of LCM and all reviews, bid resources and facilities, the proposal baseline, the overall bidding process and all bid related documentation
- Coordinate and manage the development of tender responses in accordance with BAE Systems Australia policies and procedures, whilst planning and adhering to the BAE Systems Australia Lifecycle Management process as per agreed tailoring
- Derive bid resource requirements to meet bid schedule are identified and communicated to the Capture Team Leader and functions
- In conjunction with the Capture Team Leader and functions, assist to identify/source bid team resources both internally and externally
- Develop plans and arrange bid facilities to support accommodation of bid team including all IT and communication requirements
- Prepare bid budget in conjunction with finance and or estimation lead
- Identify, scope and sequence all relevant bid activities to meet review and submission time lines
- Take corrective action to mitigate schedule slippage
- Prepare bid management plan and communicates bid strategy, bid team roles and responsibility to bid team through bid kick off and other communication activities
- Support the capture manager by planning and arranging team discussions and supplier/subcontract discussions in accordance with capture plan
- Ensure all customer solicitation requirements are identified and addressed in an appropriate proposal document structure
As an ideal fit for this type of opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in medium-sized campaigns and/or defence related projects including experience of building and leading a focused and task orientated team
- Previous experience including Bid Management or complex Project Management
- Demonstrated direct experience in the management of complex, medium scale bids
- Experience in managing multi-disciplinary bid teams in excess of 20 staff
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearances are required for these roles, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Registrations of interest should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Talent Acquisition Lead and made online here.
Whilst registrations of interest must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
What happens next?
We will consider your registration of interest against the planned opportunities and provide feedback. Should your background align, we'll welcome you into our talent community and keep you informed as to the status of emerging job opportunities.
As always, we encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for our opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.