Operating in a highly competitive and dynamic financial services environment, QSuper manages around $113 billion in funds for over 585,000 members and is committed to working with our members so they can feel more confident they are making the best choices for their situation. QSuper Limited and QInvest Limited are ultimately owned by the QSuper Board of Trustees.
The QSuper Group has approximately 1,200 employees, and our culture is one where "members are at the heart of everything we do". Our employees bring this culture to life by demonstrating the unique values which ensure our success every day.
Our Investment Performance team are looking for a Senior Quantitative Analyst to join them on a 12-month fixed term basis. Our investment Performance team is responsible for the governance, reporting and analytics on the performance of QSuper's various investment portfolios. In this role you will be responsible for the performance analytics within the team and in particular, you will assist the senior members of the Team with analysis and reporting of the fixed income exposure of the Fund. Using your finely tuned reporting skills, you will then present the findings to relevant stakeholders within the business.
If you're a quantitative analyst who has a keen interest in fixed income mathematics, don't delay - apply today!
While this role has been advertised as a Senior Quantitative Analyst, we will also consider applications for a Quantitative Analyst position.
At QSuper, we value flexible working arrangements, however we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you, which may include the opportunity to work from home or flexible hours.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
As a Senior Quantitative Analyst, you will demonstrate some or most of the below:
- A relevant qualification in finance, mathematics, business, commerce or economics
- Have acquired or are acquiring a post graduate qualification in relevant discipline. E.g. CIPM, CFA, PhD
- Advanced knowledge of fixed interest mathematics with application to investment portfolios
- Previous experience at a financial institution or financial data custodian
- Advanced SQL and Python programming skills are essential
- Ability to present complex topics to subject matter experts and general audiences
- A high degree of attention to detail, initiative and motivation
- Collaboratively work within a team environment to achieve a common objective
- A disciplined work ethic to deliver outcomes on schedule by managing competing priorities according to short- and long-term business objectives
At QSuper we are proud to champion respect and we value diversity amongst our employees to support an inclusive workplace. We are passionate about selecting talented people based on their qualifications, capabilities and experience relevant to the role.
What you do today inspires tomorrow
Click on the 'Apply' button and follow the prompts. The closing date for applications is Sunday, 7 March 2021.
Please note, owing to a high volume of applications, QSuper reserves the right to close the applicant portal ahead of this deadline if necessary. So, don't delay - apply now!
Whilst all applicants will be carefully considered, we will only be able to personally contact those candidates that are short-listed for interview.
We choose to deal with you directly and have not engaged an agency for this opportunity, so if you're interested, please apply.