|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Communications Advisor
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Join our global leading business offering outstanding personal development & global career opportunities
- 6 months fixed term role, based in Perth, Western Australia
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Senior Communication Advisor to Analyse and evaluate current systems and structures to deliver an engagement framework that is best fit with Argyle and its stage in the mining lifecycle as the Argyle mine transitions to closure.
Reporting to the Communications & Communities Manager for Rio Tinto Diamonds, dotted line to the General Manager of Argyle Diamonds and a member of Argyle’s senior leadership team at Argyle, you will be required to:
- Analyse and evaluate current systems and structures to manage effective internal and external stakeholder engagement
- Deliver an engagement framework that is best fit with the asset Argyle and its stage in the mining lifecycle
- Facilitate the alignment of corporate and operational leadership vision with frontline teams and senior management
- Lead effective change management across different stakeholders, including site-based employees and contractors, operational leaders, functional teams and external stakeholders
- Recommend and redefine communication requirements across a broad range of organisational issues and external requirements
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Proven experience in internal communications, preferably in mining or an associated industry
- A communications professional with proven experience in driving a complex employee engagement process in the face of significant change
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in working collaboratively and building and sustaining relationships
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritisation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience in drafting and developing a variety of high quality and innovative products across all communication channels
- Demonstrated resilience and tolerance for ambiguity together with the ability to achieve outcomes while working under pressure
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
Corporate Relations provides expertise and advice across all aspects of communications, brand strategy and positioning, media relations and stakeholder engagement with customers, employees and civil society through to governments and the general public.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.