|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Discover & enjoy the benefits of coastal living – Karratha or Dampier Based
- 5 days on, 2 days off residential or FIFO opportunities from Perth
About the role
This role is a great opportunity for a successful individual to work in a dynamic team which is responsible for providing technical assurance and risk advisory function to the Rail Maintenance Division. We are looking for a Track Engineer to join the dynamic team. This is an opportunity for an experienced professional to make an impact. Reporting to the Senior Track Engineer and working within a collaborative and diverse team, you will:
- Provide first response maintenance engineering support to ensure high asset availability
- Provide asset assurance including inspections and auditing of track infrastructure and assets (including, but not limited to, rail, turnouts, sleepers, ballast and formation) to ensure asset state is as per the Code of Practice
- Develop scope, quality & timing required (as per the Code of Practice) for rectification works and also ensuring suitable containments are in place until remediation is complete.
- Interface with Resurfacing, Re-rail, Response and other execution teams to execute remediation and containment works.
- Ensure compliance with engineering standards and practices
- Review maintenance process and procedures in order to improve safety and asset performance
- Analyse operating performance of assets and implement improvement projects to eliminate defects
What you’ll bring
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in either Mechanical or Civil Engineering
- Experience in a rail environment
- Understanding of Railway Track Engineering concepts and principles
- Minimum C Class manual drivers license
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- Diverse role with planning and multi-disciplined engineering responsibilities
- Engineering exposure to the world’s first autonomous heavy haul railway
- Discounted Health cover scheme for you and immediate family
- Extensive salary sacrifice and packaging options
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, we own an integrated portfolio of iron ore assets: a world-class, integrated network of 16 mines, four independent port terminals, a 1,700-kilometre rail network and related infrastructure – all designed to respond rapidly to changes in demand.
We are one of the world’s leading producers and exporters of iron ore.
Our port facilities consist of four shipping terminals located on the Pilbara coast at Dampier and Cape Lambert which form an essential part of our logistics process. Each terminal has facilities for train unloading, iron ore stockpiling, product blending and ship loading.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.