|Location:||Australia, Australian Capital Territory, Bibra Lake, Brisbane, Coos, Docklands, Gateshead, Griffith, Hobart, South Australia, South Brisbane, Strathalbyn, Tasmania, Traralgon, Travis County, Western Australia|
About the Role
Provide effective Management Assurance support to the Collateral, Digital and Marketing business to enable achievement of CDM business objectives by driving, facilitating and coordinating the implementation of risk management frameworks, policies and processes across the PU. Support the PU Leader and Leadership Team to ensure that their risks, controls and compliance obligations are identified, documented, assessed, managed and are being appropriately monitored and reported. Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing day-to-day advice and guidance in relation to risk and controls. Advice covers technical risk advice, Policy advice, as well as advice and guidance on the risks facing the Performance Unit (PU) and the design of controls to mitigate risks.
- Risk Profiling - Performance Unit level.
- Facilitating the identification and assessment of risks and controls against Business Objectives & Core Processes.
- Facilitating regular reviews and updates to established risk profiles.
- Ensure that compliance obligations are captured, and controls are designed to mitigate risk of non-compliance.
- Control Design
- Support and assess the design of key controls to mitigate risks.
- Support the implementation of controls to ensure that they operate as planned and mitigate risks, or control weaknesses are accepted where appropriate.
- Strategic and Change Assessments
- Facilitate and support the proactive assessment and documentation of the delivered risks associated with Strategic Changes and Change Initiatives, including Regulatory Change, within and across the Division.
- Review the management of routine changes, including BAU changes not covered by the Group Risk Change Process.
- Key Indicators and Trend Analysis - Establish indicators and metrics.
- Monitor indicators against thresholds in line with Risk Setting Statements & Business agreed settings. Analyse changes in indicators and trends to determine the underlying causes.
- Monitoring & Assurance
- Develop monitoring where appropriate. Feed into the overall Assurance plan, assist in identifying solutions to deficiencies in control design or operation.
- Ensure that action plans are put in place and tracked to completion.
- Event Management and Remediation -Provide guidance and support the Performance Units to record, manage and report operational risk and compliance events.
- Understand and analyse events to identify systemic issues or breakdowns in the control environment.
- Ensure that costs are reconciled.
- Risk KPI - Risk Maturity Self-Assessment
- Facilitate and coordinate the completion and documentation of the PU Risk Maturity Self-Assessment, ensuring the PU Leader is actively engaged.
- BCM deliverables and testing
- Assist PB BCM and the PU to develop Business Continuity Schedule.
- Ensure any actions from Testing are documented and tracked to completion.
Your skills, qualifications and experiences will include:
- Experience with digital assets and collateral and marketing with a solid understanding of technology platforms and systems.
- Experience in financial services industry, with practical experience in Risk Management (Operational Risk preferable).
- Strong background in leading teams
- Experience in delivering/implementing an effective risk framework, tools and processes across a large business
- Tertiary qualification in business or risk related discipline desirable
At MLC Wealth, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting our people as you help us build a business and culture that affects positive change for our clients - and for the community too.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
If you're ready for the next step, apply today !