|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader
- Opportunity to begin your career in the Finance industry
- We value great culture and collaboration
BOQ Specialist delivers distinctive banking solutions to niche market segments. Our focus, experience and dedication to our clients have enabled us to become experts in a number of professional niches. We aim to add value to and build partnerships with our clients and we have been providing specialist banking in Australia for over 20 years.
Our broad range of personal and business banking options include transactional and savings accounts, credit cards, residential mortgages, practice purchase and fit-out loans, car loans, SMSF loans and property investment loans. Our approach is characterised by responsive personal service, unconventional thinking, and an ability to be nimble, flexible and innovative.
Although our products are innovative it’s our client service that sets us apart. We are a client-centric banking business and see our client service offering as our key differentiator.
About the role
As a Team Leader you will provide outstanding leadership and mentorship to the Commercial Lending Operations team and oversee the successful documentation and settlement of commercial property, working capital, goodwill and discharge transactions in a timely manner. You will be responsible for delivering client outcomes relating to documentation and settlement within SLAs. Your collaborative approach will allow you to develop your team to proactively identify and drive operational efficiencies.
More specifically you will have responsibility for the following:
- Ongoing mentoring, performance discussions and steering team meetings.
- Create a highly motivated and focused service culture within the team to ensure business growth
- Building strong stakeholder relationships within the business (Sales, Credit, Risk, Business Systems) and representing your team at key business forums.
- Ensuring all deals documented and settled meet compliance and risk procedures, including security registration and post settlement requirements.
- Identify and drive process and system enhancements to support continual improvement and provide business requirements, subject matter expertise and testing resource to develop and implement business system changes where required.
- Regularly review team function and training to ensure key skills and competencies are achieved so that organisational objectives will be met.
- Resolve any operational matters escalated to you by team members
- Draw on industry knowledge and experience to understand the impact of compliance and regulatory changes (such as PPSR, AML/KYC, BCOP and other legislative requirements).
Prior experience leading a team, ideally in a lending environment within the Banking & Finance industry, is essential for success in this role.
Along with this, the successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in a Banking, Legal, and/or Commerce related discipline.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage competing team priorities in a fast paced and high pressure environment
- Experience in settlements and/or lending documentation, ideally in the Commercial space.
- Good understanding of banking compliance and regulatory issues, PPSA, and legal in a lending context.
- Project Management experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
BOQ culture and benefits
Work for one of Australia's top 100 listed companies. BOQ are passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and competitive environment.
We support a flexible workplace and our head office in the trendy gasworks precinct provides a great work environment with collaborative open space. Benefits include;
- Discounted financial products
- Salary packaging options
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Gym discounts and much more!
How to apply?
To apply for this role please follow the link to our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply
BOQ is a member of the Australian Bankers’ Association and has subscribed to the Conduct Background Check Protocol (Protocol). Under the Protocol, from 1 October 2017, BOQ will contact any previous employer/s who are also part of this association to provide a Conduct Check of any potential employee.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks