|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Downer are proudly supporting a range of exciting road construction projects across Auckland from Mt Albert to Manurewa! The Downer Transport Services Maintenance and Civil Construction division is highly respected and has a great track record for delivering a top standard of work across the country. We need an experienced Excavator Operator to operate plant and machinery accurately and safely.
About the role:
You will primarily be operating and driving machinery including diggers, drills, and other plant to ensure satisfactory trench digging, concreting, curb line dig outs and backfilling. As we are one team, you will be happy to help the team with curb laying, concreting and general support when excavation work is on pause.
You will monitor operations under your control to ensure compliance relating to Health & Safety, environment and QA policies and targets whilst minimising cost and wastage. You’ll communicate effectively with crew and supervisors to ensure work is completed to the satisfaction of our customers.
This is primarily a Monday – Friday full time, permanent position based out of our Penrose, Auckland depot and involves occasional weekend work.
You will have plenty of experience operating Excavators (1.5T - 5T) within the civil construction industry – particularly in drainage and roading projects. You will have an organised and systematic approach to the work environment and take pride in your work . You will also:
- Hold Class 2 drivers licence with W, T, R endorsements (Class 4, 5 an advantage)
- Have practical work experience in Carpentry, bridge maintenance, concreting and/ or structures work
- Hold strong planning skills and the ability to deal with unexpected events and problem solve
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
- Be physically fit and able to carry out manual tasks
- Be able to demonstrate Leadership qualities that empower others
Benefits of joining Team Downer:
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We also offer:
- Stable employment with an industry leader
- Long term training and development opportunities
- Full time (40 hours) guaranteed, and overtime available during peak Summer season
- Tools of trade including your uniform and safety gear provided
- Access to a range of company benefits and partnered discounts
How to apply?
Get your career moving by registering your interest today! Simply head over to www.downercareers.co.nz, enter reference 578342 and apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.