|Job Type:||Full Time|
Electrical Instrumentation Tradesperson
- Permanent full-time role
- Residential, family friendly location
- Culturally unique, coast role - Gove
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for an Electrical / Instrumentation Tradesperson to join the RTAG maintenance Team.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who has a strong work ethic and a 'can do' attitude along with good fixed plant and ship loading experience.
In addition to paying competitively and providing a great benefits packages, we want you to live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family. And because of our size and scale, there are many opportunities to learn, grow and do more than you ever thought possible.
Every hour of every shift, your safety and wellbeing is our number one priority. We do the work only if it is safe, and we invest to make sure every member of the team has the quality tools they need to do their job.
Reporting to the Crew Leader and working 2 days, 2 nights, 4 days off you will be:
- Carrying out electrical/instrument planned maintenance work as required through normal operation;
- Planned maintenance during shut down requirements;
- Performing breakdown Maintenance on conveyor systems and ship loader;
- Demonstrating a strong commitment to safety in order to achieve a workplace target of zero injuries and incidents.
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- An Electrical Trade Certificate
- Instrumentation Cert III
- A current manual "C" class driver's licence
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and team skills
- Exposure to basic computer skills including SAP
- Experience in an ore processing facility
- Trade experience with fixed plant application
What we offer
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
Rio Tinto is a global leader in aluminium, one of the world's most widely used metals. Active in the sector for more than 110 years, we operate large-scale, high-quality bauxite mines and alumina refineries; alongside the world's most modern and competitive aluminium smelters portfolio. Our industry leadership includes our benchmark smelting technology and enviable hydropower position, key strengths in today's carbon-constrained world.
In the picturesque location on the edge of the Arafura Sea lies the unique mining town of Nhulunbuy. The operation is situated on extensive deposits of high grade bauxite; a burnished red ore with high aluminium oxide content. The town caters for comfortable living with many established amenities available including schools, a hospital, local pool and daily flights from Darwin and Cairns. The surrounding area contains outstanding fishing and camping opportunities as well as the town itself containing excellent sporting facilities and an engaged and diverse community. Considered by many to be the best remote mining town, there is something for everyone.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.