|Job Type:||Full Time|
Financial Reporting is part of Securities Services and provides financial reporting, taxation including distribution and tax returns for clients. Clients include large fund managers and superannuation funds based in Australia as well as other locations.
This role is responsible for timely and accurate delivery of Financial reporting and distributions deliverables on a frequency determined by the service level agreement (SLA) with the client. The position also requires accurate and professional resolution of all internal and external queries in a complete and timely manner. The Manager will be responsible for providing technical input and operational support on accounting and tax related matters relevant to Financial Reporting deliverables.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Review of Financial Reporting products such as distributions, Audit packs, Trial Balances, Financial Statements, BAS, Indirect Cost Ratio, ABS reporting and AASB7 reporting.
- Ensure that all deliverables are updated, completed and delivered according to agreed timetables and client SLAs
- Provide assistance to the Senior Tax Manager in relation to financial reporting and tax related issues
- Assist and facilitate communication with clients over their reporting requirements and queries
- Build and maintain internal and external client relationships; act as a subject matter expert for Financial reporting products.
- Represent Financial Reporting team on specific projects relating to clients, process improvements, and product development
To be successful you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in Accounting or a related discipline with CA / CPA qualifications and at least 6 years’ experience in financial accounting/tax within financial and/or professional services
- Solid experience in statutory reporting and applications of accounting standards in accordance with AASB &IFRS and tax reporting specifically in income tax returns and trust distribution calculations.
- Effective planning and time management skills, with demonstrated initiative and proactive approach to managing dynamic workload and periodic overtime
- Experience in a CA or CPA firm would be highly regarded
- Strong excel skills
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including high emotional intelligence to partner effectively with stakeholders