|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts as an ICT PM
- Permanent opportunity to utilise your skills on a key defence program
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a PROJECT MANAGER in our team based in CANBERRA, ACT, as part of our Battlespace Integrated Solutions team. Wollongong, NSW may also be considered for the right candidate.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia. Hear about our Return to Site Plan here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZO2QeP6r_Q
About the Opportunity
As the Project Manager you will be responsible to support, maintain and improve The Hydro METOC Information environment (HMIE) to the highest quality, enabling the Australian Hydrographic Office (AHO) to meet their business requirements whilst delivering to our company contractual and business goals.
We support and enhance an integrated system of Commercial off the shelf (COTS) and bespoke software that enables the AHO to create and maintain their nautical publications, including charts and tide tables. These publications provide safe navigational information to Defence, commercial and private mariners
In more specific terms you will:
- Lead and motivate the project team to achieve the required performance in terms of schedule, budget and quality
- Assist with supplier/subcontract discussions in accordance with the strategic guidance for projects
- Build and maintain positive customer and internal relationships
- Identify project opportunities and risks and develop mitigation strategies for pursuit throughout contract phases. Monitor and report on the status of risks and opportunities
- Provide direction to, motivate and ensure the performance of the Project team
- Carry out project reviews to meet project and company review requirements
- Ensure that the appropriate project resource requirements, to meet current and future needs, are committed to the projects
- Ensure that the products and services delivered are in accordance with product safety and provide customer satisfaction
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Demonstrated Project Management experience, ideally in ICT sustainment including prior experience leading and managing a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong stakeholder management skills coupled with the ability to communicate, articulate and present information to senior stakeholders in a clear and effective manner
- An ability to take ownership of a task coupled with a high level motivation and initiative is required with detailed understanding of life cycle management and phase review processes
- A diploma in Project Management or equivalent qualification will be highly regarded
- Defence security clearance NV1 is preferable or eligibility to obtain
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Julie Lane – Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Julie.email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.