At EY DnA, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are looking for a Cognos Technical Architect with experience designing reporting systems using IBM Cognos and SQL Server technologies within the Technology Consulting – Data and Analytics team in our Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney offices.
We’re looking for people with strong Data related Solutioning and Consulting experience. You will need passion for a career in data analytics, where you will provide a consultative service on a variety of data driven decision making projects within a fast-paced consulting environment.
Your key responsibilities
- Accountability for the overall reporting technical solution - working closely with delivery & tech leads, developers, testers and end users ensuring seamless solution delivery outcomes.
- Data visualization - applying best practice to the design of visualizations. Using Cognos deep experience to guide teams towards efficient report creation and assist with challenges.
- Semantic Modelling - applying experience in Cognos Framework Manager to effectively communicate business meaning and simplify report development for technical and business users
- Data Modelling - advising data modellers on optimizations to improve report development and performance
- Quality Assurance - applying industry best practice to verify reports function optimally and ensuring the feature changes do not break functionality. Providing guidance to testing teams with "what to test" and "how to test"
- Consistent stakeholder communication - Keeping stakeholders (internal and external) up to date on progress, problems and associated solutions.
- Leadership - Training and Mentoring junior colleagues in Cognos best practices
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Hands-on experience designing and delivering a data strategy
- Knowledge and experience in end-to-end project delivery, either traditional SDLC or agile delivery methodologies (or hybrid approaches).
- Advanced knowledge of data management systems, practices and standards.
- Expert in architecting Cognos multi-dimensional cubes, data packages and reports.
- Experience with data integration tools (e.g. IBM DataStage, Microsoft SSIS), RDBMS (e.g. SQL Server, MySQL) and BI Tools (e.g. Cognos, SSRS, Tableau)
- Strong SQL skills, including performance analysis.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Advanced analytics experience including predictive analytics.
- Analytical mind set / someone that challenges assumptions.