- Development, implementation and improvement focus
- Senior role to unlock potential in current assets
- Brisbane or Roma based career opportunity
Working for us
At Origin we have a strong purpose and values that challenge us to find the answers to the big energy questions. Every person that works with us helps us reach that goal. If you bring good energy to Origin, you’ll get it in return. A challenging career. An exciting industry. And the support to grow and explore your potential.
With operations and explorations assets in Australia and New Zealand we’re continuing to invest in gas and condensate exploration and production onshore and offshore. Origin is searching for tomorrow’s energy solutions, today.
Reporting to the Reservoir Appraisal & Development Manager, as Surface Facilities Engineer for the Spring Gully, Denison & Pipeline Assetyou will develop surface design concepts for wellhead facilities, gathering, compression, power, communications, pipelines and water infrastructure that minimize $/GJ life of field costs whilst driving innovation and trials to meet these goals.
You’ll also be responsible for:
- Creating surface design concepts for development packages and brownfield optimisation projects by ensuring that key business objectives/KPIs underpinning the value proposition are actively monitored and measured.
- Generate value adding design concepts and progress them through the front end deliver project process to feasibility gate. Track and guide projects once they have moved through the AFF gate. Report back on their progress and escalate key changes that may impact the cost and schedule.
- Responsible for developing, trialling and creating innovative, cost effective and fit for purpose solutions to optimise business performance through both the development of designs for new infrastructure and/or modification of existing assets.
- Responsible for driving and accelerating the adoption of cost reduction initiatives and effective collaboration with execution teams ultimately accountable for initiative implementation.
IS THIS YOU?
To be considered for this senior role you’ll have degree qualifications in Mechanical or Process Engineering and RPEQ certification. You’ll have excellent communication skills and be able to provide innovative and commercially focused solutions to business problems. Experience in a similar role and industry will be highly regarded. You will also have, or be able to demonstrate:
- Effective stakeholder management to ensure that proposed concepts deliver the best overall outcomes for the APLNG project.
- Skills in consultation/communication with key stakeholders across both the Integrated Gas and APLNG businesses to promote the benefits of new surface facility developments or modifications and gain buy-in and/or approvals as necessary.
- Demonstrated strong initiative, work ethic, integrity and ownership of the development of fit-for-purpose surface facility designs and cost reduction initiatives
- Strong ethics on HSE and process safety.
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills to identify and evaluate many development and Brownfields options and provide clear recommendations on the optimum concept.
- Ability and desire to mentor and guide junior engineers within the RAD team and across other Assets teams
A great team to join
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin’s Integrated Gasbusiness plays a critical role in powering our future, as a leading gas producer for Australian and international markets. We’re also exploring for natural gas reserves to develop as a future energy source. We focus on being an efficient, low-cost operator of unconventional gas to meet the growing demand of high value gas and LNG customers in Australia and Asia. We need passionate and forward-thinking people to join us, who are committed to a zero-harm safety culture, managing risk and driving culture change.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy. Today, we serve more than 4.2 million customers, are one of the most significant energy producers in the country and listed in the ASX Top 50 companies.
For more information contact: Iain Pratt - 03 8665 7325, quote Requisition ID: 77928
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Here's a little about what makes us, us: www.careers.originenergy.com.au