|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Defence have a number of opportunities to work on Defence Engagements, primarily on ICT related programs, for experienced to Senior Project Managers. As a Project Manager you will be responsible for the planning and implementation of projects, including defining the scope and requirements, developing plans and schedules, managing the project’s budget, overseeing and planning resource allocation and work packages, managing risks and issues and communicating formally and informally on the project’s progress
Requirements of the role include:
As a Project Manager you are able to think critically and have excellent problem-solving skills, and are able to undertake negotiations, delegate effectively, and make timely decisions. You are highly organised, energetic, outcome orientated with outstanding communication skills. You also have:
- Demonstrated experience managing project budgets, project delivery and sustainment activities.
- Able to engage with stakeholders and conduct requirements definition and scoping activities to clarify and define the scope of projects.
- Contribute to activities for planning, requirements analysis, system design / development, testing, implementation and transition to operations.
- Good knowledge of project risk management to identify, analyse, evaluate, treat and review risks and issues.
- Leadership experience and ensuring the project is resourced according to project priorities.
- Experienced with project stage review and reporting, financial management, risk and issue management.
- Experience developing project documentation including but not limited to Project Plan/Proposal, Stage Plans, Developing procedures, Exception Reports, Completion Reports Management of project risks and issues.
- Relevant Project Management qualifications such as PMP or Prince2
Eligibility: Due to the nature of the role and client requirements, applicants must be Australian Citizens and hold an active NV1 or higher level Australian Federal Government Security Clearance. These roles are based in Canberra.
What we offer:
- A values driven business with a focus on our people, our relationships, integrity and excellence in delivery
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
- Access to Downer career development, financial, health and Lifestyle benefits
- Referral bonuses
- Work and lifestyle balance
For further information please contact the recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please click “Apply For This Job”
(Please note: Downer Group does not accept applications via email).