|Location:||Arundel, Bendigo, Melbourne|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
With more than 160 years of history, we are proud of our position in the community with more satisfied customers than any other Australian bank. Every day, we work hard to bring our company purpose to life; feeding into the success of our customers and communities and not off it.
We're more than just a bank with banking products. We change the lives of customers and communities. Commercial actions with heart!
Our time is now. We are challenging the status quo and we're excited about our future!
About the division
Business Banking has accountability for the end to end experience for Bendigo & Adelaide Bank’s Business Customers, ensuring we deliver on our value proposition: “To make business personal”. Business Banking will provide our Business Customers with a dedicated business specialist, provide meaningful insights into their businesses and enhance the prosperity and sustainability of their businesses.
The Retirement Living and Aged Care /Healthcare Team (“RLAC”) sits within the Specialist Lending and Corporate Banking function within Business Customer. It manages a portfolio of Aged Care and Retirement Living clients and is responsible for identifying, establishing and managing lending relationships in the Healthcare Care and Aged Care space with typical exposures over $10m.
The Senior Manager RLAC will be responsible for business development activities predominately in Melbourne and assisting in other locations as discussed with the Head of RLAC.
About the role
The role of the Senior Manager RLAC is to deliver against growth targets in line with Business strategy. With a detailed knowledge of the Healthcare and Aged Care environment, it provides essential links to introduce networks/contacts to achieve the growth strategy. This skilled relationship senior manager develops and manages the relationships and undertake the structure of complex deals and business development opportunities.
This role will leverage off the existing framework and work with your Credit partners to achieve a customer focused outcome that aligns to the Bank’s Risk Appetite/Risk Culture/ Risk Policies and Procedures. It supports the team strategy and will assist the Head of RLAC develop initiatives to deliver growth. This role will champion positive change and contribute to the greater Business Banking leadership objectives through delivering on customer outcomes.
- Assist with the coaching/mentoring to the RLAC team and establish cultural and behavioural standards at the outset.
- Provide guidance and assistance in understanding our key target markets and the deliverables required in achieving this
- Providing a strategy (with updates provided where required) to the Head of RLAC to develop business to the RLAC/Healthcare sector
- Develop relationships within the Healthcare and Aged Care Sectors and continue to grow and maintain these relationships to a high standard once on boarded.
- Work closely with Head of RLAC to develop and implement growth plans for existing client relationships and seek and acquire new lending opportunities in line with business objectives.
- Engage and maintain strong working relationship with Business Banking teams to ensure all opportunities for Business Bank growth are maximized.
- Drive profitable growth of your portfolio by meeting all Key Performance Indicators whilst maintaining direct costs within budget.
- Promote the RLAC/Healthcare business to optimize its market profile and growth prospects, including regular attendance at all relevant professional and industry groups and forums.
- Conduct client planning to support and expand needs based cross selling of collateral bank products to increase product penetration in line with agreed Key Performance Indicators. Products include: Business Lending, Transactional Banking, Financial Markets and from time to time Debtor Finance, Equipment Finance and Insurance.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Healthcare Segment and advanced awareness of regulatory, market and economic conditions within the sector
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent relationship management, business development and marketing skills.
- Business planning and strategy implementation skills.
- Advanced financial literacy/quantitative analysis skills including interpreting complex financial statements.
- Advanced influencing and negotiation skills at all levels, including internal and external stakeholders.
- Coaching and mentoring skills with focus on developing high performing teams
- Strong knowledge of Banking systems, processes and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of lending, credit management/analysis skills and credit risk principles
- Experience conducting analysis and/or producing reporting.
- Experience managing or working within teams utilising the Agile and/or waterfall development methodologies. Business or Finance tertiary qualification required.
- Post graduate qualification in a Business or Finance related discipline desirable.
- 10-15+ years’ experience within Healthcare Sector
- Proven banking skills at a senior level, and ability to motivate and lead through cultural change.
- Proven business development experience with an ability to self motivate and execute
- Flexible working hours to meet the needs of the business
- Inter and intrastate travel as required by the business
There's so much more to a career with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank than just banking.
Get real benefits, work life balance and flexibility. You bring your brilliant mind and we’ll help you take your learning to the next level with on the job training and external development opportunities - we want you to shine. After all, YOU are the difference that makes us the better big bank.
At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.
For further information please see the attached Position Description or contact Annie Geddes via firstname.lastname@example.org